Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beattie statue 18:20 - Dec 19 with 1277 viewsPositivelyPortman

If you want to do something wonderful this Christmas time - and you can afford it of course - make a donation to The Beat’s statue fund.
You’ll be part of that statue forever.
Go on.....

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Beattie statue on 18:35 - Dec 19 with 1269 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I have donated.

However, Without trying to seem disrespectful, I don't think that a statue is a good idea. What about other players like Crawford and Phillips, or in the future Wark, Burley Mills etc.

I saw an idea on twitter about like a bit of wall at Portman road with Plaques on to honour players who have passed away. Just my thought.

Hope I don't seem disrespectful.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Beattie statue on 19:29 - Dec 19 with 1207 viewsCoastalblue

Beattie statue on 18:35 - Dec 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

I have donated.

However, Without trying to seem disrespectful, I don't think that a statue is a good idea. What about other players like Crawford and Phillips, or in the future Wark, Burley Mills etc.

I saw an idea on twitter about like a bit of wall at Portman road with Plaques on to honour players who have passed away. Just my thought.

I don't think that's disrespectful and it's a fair point of view, however I do feel he's an exception and has been voted the Club's all time greatest more than once?

Where do we dontate?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Beattie statue on 19:33 - Dec 19 with 1197 viewsIllinoisblue

I have donated.

it's not disrespectful to say that. Why not Mills? Why not Crawford? Why not Wark? All had arguably better and more successful careers than the Beat. A "Wall of Fame" or something similar would be a much better idea.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Beattie statue on 19:54 - Dec 19 with 1156 viewsBurwell_Blue

I have donated.

I thought the same thing. In 20 years he may not be our best player (and I only started going in 84, so never saw him live, so he isn’t my best ever Ipswich players anyhow.
Beattie statue on 20:01 - Dec 19 with 1129 viewsPecker

Beattie statue on 19:33 - Dec 19 by Illinoisblue

it's not disrespectful to say that. Why not Mills? Why not Crawford? Why not Wark? All had arguably better and more successful careers than the Beat. A "Wall of Fame" or something similar would be a much better idea.

" A Wall Of Fame " is genius. Phil/Gav you have a mission if you wish to except.
Beattie statue on 21:16 - Dec 19 with 1042 viewsle2blue

Beattie statue on 19:33 - Dec 19 by Illinoisblue

I have donated as well. I agree that something that acknowledges the impact of other would be fantastic (we have a lot to be proud of), but i concluded that he is acknowledged as our greatest ever player, I loved watching him, seeing him in his blue glasses at Wembley in 2000, and if his family support the initiative...that is good enough for me.
Beattie statue on 22:11 - Dec 19 with 959 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Beattie statue on 20:01 - Dec 19 by Pecker

" A Wall Of Fame " is genius. Phil/Gav you have a mission if you wish to except.

Wonder if there is any way we could get this idea going ?????

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024