Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Binary choice poll: What would you prefer? 17:12 - Jan 21 with 978 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Binary choice poll: What would you prefer? on 17:33 - Jan 21 with 902 viewswkj

I was going to slap a meme on here, but I will come out and say it - this makes no sense.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Binary choice poll: What would you prefer? on 17:37 - Jan 21 with 887 viewsChampionship

Championship. It's just so vital for so many reasons. This is unlikely but imagine they suddenly decide they haven't meddled with the game for a few years and it needs another rebrand. God forbid, a closed shop two tier Premier League, and we're battling for promotion in league one. I think if we're 12th in the Championship that would almost guarantee our place given our history, our location and catchment area and table position.

Also you haven't said we get promoted in those three years. It might take another decade. This isn't even a choice.
Binary choice poll: What would you prefer? on 17:41 - Jan 21 with 878 viewsSuperblue95

Why would anyone pick the first choice?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Binary choice poll: What would you prefer? on 17:41 - Jan 21 with 880 viewsGlasgowBlue

Binary choice poll: What would you prefer? on 17:33 - Jan 21 by wkj

I was going to slap a meme on here, but I will come out and say it - this makes no sense.

The poll was actually inspired by this post from you.

When we win the League 1 title next season... by wkj 20 Jan 2019 15:07
Aiy, I dunno about that, I fear we'd be looking at playoffs at best

So I was thinking, we shouldn't assume that we are certs to go up if we are relegated but we are capable of doing what Burley's team did in the late 90's and having a good few seasons of challenging. Whereas had Mick stayed we would no doubt be faced with another few seasons of mid table mediocrity where are season would be over by late February/Early March.

That's not a pop at Mick BTW as Evans was quite happy with safety first.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 17:42]

Iron Lion Zion

Binary choice poll: What would you prefer? on 18:13 - Jan 21 with 832 viewswkj

Binary choice poll: What would you prefer? on 17:41 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

The poll was actually inspired by this post from you.

When we win the League 1 title next season... by wkj 20 Jan 2019 15:07
Aiy, I dunno about that, I fear we'd be looking at playoffs at best

So I was thinking, we shouldn't assume that we are certs to go up if we are relegated but we are capable of doing what Burley's team did in the late 90's and having a good few seasons of challenging. Whereas had Mick stayed we would no doubt be faced with another few seasons of mid table mediocrity where are season would be over by late February/Early March.

That's not a pop at Mick BTW as Evans was quite happy with safety first.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 17:42]

The bit that didn't make sense to me is the choice, Obviously a few people out there think going down is the way forward, but I really don't understand how it is preferable to staying up.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Binary choice poll: What would you prefer? on 18:29 - Jan 21 with 810 viewsGlasgowBlue

Binary choice poll: What would you prefer? on 18:13 - Jan 21 by wkj

The bit that didn't make sense to me is the choice, Obviously a few people out there think going down is the way forward, but I really don't understand how it is preferable to staying up.

Staying up is different to mid season mediocrity. I'd rather have a few seasons fighting relegation, where every game matters right to the wire than what we've had the past few years.

I think most people will admit that as perilous as our position is, we are at least enjoying the season more than we have. Every game is a must win. We are not just making up the numbers. We are fighting for the right to just make up the numbers.

I also think that, other than a blot on our record, getting relegated from the Championship to League One is not as bad as being relegated from the Premier League.

The Premier League is where we want to be. whether we are one rung down or two makes little difference. Perhaps we got to comfortable in the Championship. Not looking like we would go up and not looking like we would go down.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024