Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many 20:27 - Feb 2 with 1611 viewsBlackboots

constructive replies so will ask again....

Most supporters seem keen on Lambert staying with us in league one next season. Why? Nice bloke, some good PR stunts and a few nice sound bites but I’ve not seen anything to convince me he’s the right man to turn this mess around. He seems to be as inept as Hurst.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 20:28]

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 21:05 - Feb 2 with 1499 viewsRonFearonsHair

I am concerned that if we change manager again there will be another complete overhaul of players, many whom will probably be signed on the eve of the new season starting and we will be in transition yet again.

Lambert can spend the next few months deciding who he wants and doesn't want. He has time to develop his team for next season before this season ends and can identify the hopefully small number of players he needs to bring in to complete his squad, giving everyone the whole of pre-season to work together.

For me, this seems like the safest option. I don't feel as though we are in a position to take any more risks.
I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 21:13 - Feb 2 with 1455 viewsBlackboots

I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 21:05 - Feb 2 by RonFearonsHair

I am concerned that if we change manager again there will be another complete overhaul of players, many whom will probably be signed on the eve of the new season starting and we will be in transition yet again.

Lambert can spend the next few months deciding who he wants and doesn't want. He has time to develop his team for next season before this season ends and can identify the hopefully small number of players he needs to bring in to complete his squad, giving everyone the whole of pre-season to work together.

For me, this seems like the safest option. I don't feel as though we are in a position to take any more risks.

I can’t see any plan though. If I could see what he was trying to do I’d be all for giving him time but I can’t. We were poor when he took over and are no better now.

I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 21:18 - Feb 2 with 1424 viewsTJS

Next season scares the hell out of me
I am not sure we have even reached rock bottom yet.
The way we are going we could be in the bottom half of League One this time next year.
I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 21:29 - Feb 2 with 1377 viewsBlackboots

I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 21:18 - Feb 2 by TJS

Next season scares the hell out of me
I am not sure we have even reached rock bottom yet.
The way we are going we could be in the bottom half of League One this time next year.

Watching Wimbledon last week against West Ham was worrying. They were bottom of division one and put in a performance that our squad would not be capable of. Next season looks like being a struggle at the moment.

I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 21:36 - Feb 2 with 1356 viewsFrimleyBlue

I don't believe Lambert will repeat what he did with nodge here.

However I believe he's the right manager to rebuild the club along with the owner. The academy managers etc and get the foundations right for the club to be a success. I think they'll be a couple of seasons of pain. And I think he will end up leaving without achieving much in terms of league performance but I think the club will be better for it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 21:36 - Feb 2 with 1353 viewsRonFearonsHair

I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 21:13 - Feb 2 by Blackboots

I can’t see any plan though. If I could see what he was trying to do I’d be all for giving him time but I can’t. We were poor when he took over and are no better now.

I don't think it is easy to implement a plan or style when we are scrapping at the bottom and so low on confidence. Admittedly, my feelings on giving him a pre-season and a chance to build his own team are not really based on what I am seeing him do with this rag-tag bunch.

I accept that we have taken on managers in the past who have pulled us up from the bottom. But in those cases I felt that their predecessors were under performing with good players. I do not believe that is the case this time.
I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 21:50 - Feb 2 with 1327 viewsBackToRussia

I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 21:29 - Feb 2 by Blackboots

Watching Wimbledon last week against West Ham was worrying. They were bottom of division one and put in a performance that our squad would not be capable of. Next season looks like being a struggle at the moment.

Can quite easily see a team like Colchester in the Championship again before we are.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 22:24 - Feb 2 with 1264 viewsFtnfwest

Apparently the only person in the world that can manage us properly is Mick, it’s just that by now he’d be doing it in front of 6,000 at home
Login to get fewer ads

I got criticised for asking this last Saturday but didn’t receive many on 22:39 - Feb 2 with 1223 viewsOxford_Blue

Unlike Hurst he’s got a team promoted from league one.

That alone should be enough.

He’s also managed in the prem.

It’s not his team either. Shame he wasn’t here in the summer but instead he’s had to work with a crap side he inherited and was only able to bring in a few loanees.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024