Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Impressive stuff from the Norwegians 12:45 - Apr 9 with 765 viewsStokieBlue

There is now a majority against drilling for oil in the Lofoten Islands, considered a natural wonder but probably holding 1 to 3 billion barrels of oil.

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/norway-oil-drilling-arctic-ban-labor-p

There are some photos of the islands in the article - here's one.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Impressive stuff from the Norwegians on 12:50 - Apr 9 with 749 viewsnoggin

Don't need it. Norway has it's fingers in oil pies all over the world.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Impressive stuff from the Norwegians on 12:52 - Apr 9 with 749 viewsIpswichKnight

I can confirm that the Lofotens are stunning. If you ever get the chance to get to Artic Norway you should go!
Impressive stuff from the Norwegians on 12:57 - Apr 9 with 725 viewsStokieBlue

Impressive stuff from the Norwegians on 12:50 - Apr 9 by noggin

Don't need it. Norway has it's fingers in oil pies all over the world.

They announced just yesterday that the wealth fund would no longer be investing in oil and gas companies in favour of renewables.

Agreed they do have current investments though and they are giving up at least 100bn USD in oil from that regent - that's a lot even if you don't "need" it.

SB
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 12:59]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Impressive stuff from the Norwegians on 13:09 - Apr 9 with 702 viewsnoggin

Impressive stuff from the Norwegians on 12:57 - Apr 9 by StokieBlue

They announced just yesterday that the wealth fund would no longer be investing in oil and gas companies in favour of renewables.

Agreed they do have current investments though and they are giving up at least 100bn USD in oil from that regent - that's a lot even if you don't "need" it.

SB
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 12:59]

Statoil are still drilling in Brazil and Angola, amongst others, I believe. Why destroy your own nature when you can destroy that of poorer nations?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Impressive stuff from the Norwegians on 13:37 - Apr 9 with 665 viewsTIB

Impressive stuff from the Norwegians on 12:52 - Apr 9 by IpswichKnight

I can confirm that the Lofotens are stunning. If you ever get the chance to get to Artic Norway you should go!

Ditto. I'd link my travel video from up there but I've plugged it a number of times. Lofoten is definitely one of the most stunning parts of the world I've seen and I'm glad to see it's being protected (for now).
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 13:39]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024