Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers 16:21 - Jun 9 with 2302 viewsunstableblue

Hello TWTD,

Can I highly recommend trying to catch the new Diego Maradonna documentary whilst it is on cinema release.

It's an astonishingly good piece of documentary film making (from the creator of the the Amy and Senna films).

It's quite a story, but as with all great journalism it resets your view of a subject or person.

Emotive watch. And I have to say I felt a little ashamed of the view I had created of the man, especially of a recent TV appearance, where I think I mocked the state of him.

A must see for all football fans.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 16:29 - Jun 9 with 2280 viewsWeWereZombies

I'll probably wait until I can see for nothing on terrestrial TV but your mention of the Senna film definitely makes it more interesting. The way the filmmakers stitched together the story using nothing but archive footage for the Senna film was extraordinary, I have the two DVD box set and lapped up the main feature and every single extra.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 16:32 - Jun 9 with 2275 viewsunstableblue

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 16:29 - Jun 9 by WeWereZombies

I'll probably wait until I can see for nothing on terrestrial TV but your mention of the Senna film definitely makes it more interesting. The way the filmmakers stitched together the story using nothing but archive footage for the Senna film was extraordinary, I have the two DVD box set and lapped up the main feature and every single extra.

Same approach with this one. Superb use of music.

I think you'll find this is a better story, and as stated its pre-conception changing.

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 19:03 - Jun 9 with 2172 viewsBluefish

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 16:29 - Jun 9 by WeWereZombies

Have you seen Amy? It really is impressive, she was a very talented young lady and a victim to some very greedy people

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 19:09 - Jun 9 with 2159 viewsWeWereZombies

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 19:03 - Jun 9 by Bluefish

Have you seen Amy? It really is impressive, she was a very talented young lady and a victim to some very greedy people

I'll look out for her...

No, not seen it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 20:02 - Jun 9 with 2129 viewschristiand

I know I’m definitely going to watch it. For all his genius as a player, there was all the mayhem that surrounding him off the pitch. Just find Maradona an intriguing character and it’s my era, which makes it even more compelling.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 21:49 - Jun 9 with 2054 viewsCoastalblue

I listened to an interview with the guy that made it last week, think it may have been on R4. Sounded very interesting, he was saying what a likeable guy he is and how he found himself liking him but what an edge he has which he put down to where he comes from.

He was suggesting that Maradonna needs chaos to thrive and that when things are all going swimmingly he will incite some chaos because he needs it.

I'll probably wait until it's Netfilx or Prime but will definitely give it a watch, sounds good.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 08:42 - Jun 10 with 1971 viewsunstableblue

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 20:02 - Jun 9 by christiand

I know I’m definitely going to watch it. For all his genius as a player, there was all the mayhem that surrounding him off the pitch. Just find Maradona an intriguing character and it’s my era, which makes it even more compelling.

It really was mayhem. But I think you'll be quite surprised by the real 'Diego' and the testimony of his true friends and close supporters.

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 09:17 - Jun 10 with 1947 viewsMuncher

Premiere hosted by Terry Butcher?
Login to get fewer ads

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 13:15 - Jun 10 with 1872 viewsunstableblue

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 09:17 - Jun 10 by Muncher

Premiere hosted by Terry Butcher?

Funnily enough one aspect of the film is just how many brutal and crunching tackles the maestro is subjected to.... that is why he is streets ahead of Messi... the stuff Diego takes, and then gets up, brief moan and keeps going.

The hand of god game... the England centre backs are certainly 'dishing it out'

So much more to say.... GO AND SEE IT

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 13:07 - Jun 11 with 1773 viewschristiand

Thought you might like this review Unstableblue from Sky Sports:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11735974/diego-maradonas-napoli-ad

DIEGEO MARADONNA film - A MUST WATCH TWTDers on 17:00 - Jun 16 with 1630 viewschristiand

Well Unstableblue, I took your advice and went to see the film today and was certainly not disappointed. Just found the whole 2 hours compelling viewing, certainly money well spent. I have to say I found the young Diego a very likeable character, who had a real sparkle in his eyes, up to his first few years at Napoli, but with his Maradona side and his addictive personality you see a different side to the man, no doubt his hunger for cocaine was beginning to tighten it's hold on him and influencing his judgement and persona.

At the end, I found that I felt rather sorry for him and my view had softened he was there to create and build Napoli up as a successful Italian club and when he needed the help the most they just all left him like rats leaving a sinking ship.

I agree with your OP's sentiments.....A must see for all football fans!
[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 7:02]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024