Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
200% on Bury 06:54 - Aug 10 with 1592 viewsSteve_M

An utter mess and seemingly unresolvable.

http://twohundredpercent.net/bury-fc-innocent-parties/

[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 6:54]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

200% on Bury on 07:56 - Aug 10 with 1416 viewsGuthrum

It's doubly tricky because they are not in the more usual position of struggling to find a viable owner, but have one who shows little sign of being so, seemingly not looking to sell and apparently refusing to follow the rules. Trashed and sunk by bad admin, rather than money per se.

Has more parallels with the situation of the Oystons at Blackpool, except it looks like those were more competent at the basics of keeping a football club running.

Bury are far enough down the football pyramid (and likely to be still further after this season, even if they do manage to play their matches) that it might be viable to do a Portsmouth-style fan takeover. However, the time is fast running out, as it would be necessary to offload higher-paid players before the window shuts.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 8:31]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

200% on Bury on 08:07 - Aug 10 with 1359 viewsBloomBlue

200% on Bury on 07:56 - Aug 10 by Guthrum

It's doubly tricky because they are not in the more usual position of struggling to find a viable owner, but have one who shows little sign of being so, seemingly not looking to sell and apparently refusing to follow the rules. Trashed and sunk by bad admin, rather than money per se.

Has more parallels with the situation of the Oystons at Blackpool, except it looks like those were more competent at the basics of keeping a football club running.

Bury are far enough down the football pyramid (and likely to be still further after this season, even if they do manage to play their matches) that it might be viable to do a Portsmouth-style fan takeover. However, the time is fast running out, as it would be necessary to offload higher-paid players before the window shuts.

Many Bury fans were pleased when he bought the club for £1 thinking he would put money into the club but it was that old saying out of the frying pan into the fire situation, or as more people use now, be careful what you wish for.
200% on Bury on 08:39 - Aug 10 with 1257 viewsBlueBadger

Updated Fun Fact: Ian, who runs that site is not longer my brother-in-law.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

200% on Bury on 09:02 - Aug 10 with 1162 viewsfactual_blue

200% on Bury on 08:39 - Aug 10 by BlueBadger

Updated Fun Fact: Ian, who runs that site is not longer my brother-in-law.

Has one or other of you sadly died?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 9:03]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

200% on Bury on 09:24 - Aug 10 with 1108 viewsRadlett_blue

Bury aren't an attractive prospect so unsurprising that people aren't queuing up to take them on. Hence you get chancers who buy them for £1 & promise to put in money they don't actually have. I'm surprised that the number of administrations has declined so much but presumably the salary caps in the lower leagues have improved sustainability. Bury, as usual, haven't been paying their PAYE & while I have sympathy for fans of such clubs, they shouldn't be permitted to dodge their taxes.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

200% on Bury on 10:33 - Aug 10 with 996 viewsPippin1970

200% on Bury on 07:56 - Aug 10 by Guthrum

Generally feel sorry for the supporters and people who work there. Got a friend who's followed them home and away for 20 plus years. He said if liquidated never follow another team again.
200% on Bury on 10:51 - Aug 10 with 958 viewspointofblue

Although Dale has run Bury to the ground I have to wonder how the EFL can postpone their matches whilst allowing the shambles at Bolton to run from one week to the next. I presume it’s because Bolton have a new owner lined up but they only started selling tickets for today’s match yesterday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024