Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Great Hack 09:49 - Jul 31 with 683 viewsitfcjoe

Netflix film on Facebook, Cambridge Analytica etc.

Anyone seen it? It's really enlightening and worrying stuff - how they have affected elections all around the world, including Brexit and Trump most notably.

The main guy there, Alexander Nix, is like a Bond villain.

Does raise questions about free thought and whether we genuinely have it - guess this is always where big data was going but makes you think.

What can you do about it though? This will correct itself at some point, but will be a rocky few years with untold damage being done until it does.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Great Hack on 09:51 - Jul 31 with 673 viewsKieran_Knows

Started to watch it last night, but must say I got a bit bored after half hour so ended up turning it off!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The Great Hack on 10:12 - Jul 31 with 642 viewsGavTWTD

Yes it was an interesting watch. Scary how much power Facebook especially has and how a concentrated campaign can change governments. I forget the country named but how they managed to get a swing by increasing voting apathy in a particular group was clever but incredible, if true.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

The Great Hack on 10:14 - Jul 31 with 636 viewsitfcjoe

The Great Hack on 10:12 - Jul 31 by GavTWTD

Yes it was an interesting watch. Scary how much power Facebook especially has and how a concentrated campaign can change governments. I forget the country named but how they managed to get a swing by increasing voting apathy in a particular group was clever but incredible, if true.

It was Trinidad and Tobago between the 'Inidians and the Blacks' as it was described.

Behavioural science is very interesting, and I guess we should know that everything is exploited now, but it is very sad still.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Great Hack on 10:16 - Jul 31 with 627 viewsSwailsey

Very scary stuff.

Documentary is drawn out but worth persevering with.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

The Great Hack on 10:21 - Jul 31 with 617 viewsCoastalblue

Watched it last week and posted on here, it's quite eye opening stuff and starts to explain some of the election and voting stuff beginning to happen around the world.

I actually thought the Russian organised race demostrations in the States, though only touched upon, really showed the power of manipulation available through social media.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024