Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Focus on the positives 08:35 - Aug 19 with 893 viewsBluefish

Holy is not proven yet but has some big potential to be very good for us. Considering we were a relegated side we have done really well to get a keeper in for free with age on his side and experience.

Woolfy the loan system has worked for us. Gone straight in and looks comfortable. I am sure there is more to come but like having a new signing

Chambers forget the error the bloke is a leader, every club at this level would love to have him

Skuse different class so far. Takes so much pressure off the youngsters by mopping things up and holding us together

Downes looks a complete midfielder this season and made big strides forwards to command a place

Huws on his way back, no doubt that he is class

El mizouni and dobra neither looked out of place, might not be ready week in week out yet but will definitely help to fill the squad and offer something when needed

Norwood a real handful and loves scoring. He is one hell of a signing

Jackson I've clearly said he is a long way off but he has a system now that is made for him. Would love to see him find the confidence and go on a scoring run

Garbutt come straight in and delivered

KVY sounds the type of signing that we need. I assume he was scouted by bowman because he was in the door last summer as well. Nice to be scouting opposed to whoever is available

Bishop, lankester, sears etc to return plus hopefully Dozzell to contribute.

The formation is also a big positive, we are setting up to win even if we are struggling slightly with the style/identity on the pitch at times.

Edit: missed a massive one, Rowe has gone from bit part squad player to one of our most important players. He looks like he has been doing this for years, another bonus of the loan system. Really impressed with him
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 8:42]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Focus on the positives on 08:44 - Aug 19 with 849 viewsbluesym

Good post.Really hope we start to see more of Huws soon though,thought he may have had more minutes than he has, guess he is just being managed very carefully.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Focus on the positives on 09:31 - Aug 19 with 786 viewsclive_baker

I’ve been critical of Skuse in the past. His role in the side is so so vital but I’ve wondered if he’s been up to it at Championship level, and I think it cost us last season. Having said that, he’s been quality in these first 3 games, and long may it continue. Perhaps the step down has helped him because he’s looked like the Skuse we knew and loved a few years back.

Agree with much of what you say, the squad has real depth if we can get the injured players back. I don’t see Jackson being up to it but hopefully he can do a job until Sears is fit. Perhaps we’ll see someone come in to lend a hand in that department, I can see a loanee coming in.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Focus on the positives on 10:18 - Aug 19 with 741 viewsbilllm

Focus on the positives on 09:31 - Aug 19 by clive_baker

I’ve been critical of Skuse in the past. His role in the side is so so vital but I’ve wondered if he’s been up to it at Championship level, and I think it cost us last season. Having said that, he’s been quality in these first 3 games, and long may it continue. Perhaps the step down has helped him because he’s looked like the Skuse we knew and loved a few years back.

Agree with much of what you say, the squad has real depth if we can get the injured players back. I don’t see Jackson being up to it but hopefully he can do a job until Sears is fit. Perhaps we’ll see someone come in to lend a hand in that department, I can see a loanee coming in.

I'm with you on skuse I've been critical, he seems to start seasons well and fades, but I think him and chambers are playing at there level for there ages,I'm sure they will do everything in there power to haul us back up this year and then sign off as coaches squad players,it's almost a bonus for them like party time for them, we will be fine,
Focus on the positives on 13:25 - Aug 19 with 665 viewsbritbiker

Not seen it mention much on the firum but it sounded like Holy caused the peterboro defence some confusion when he went up for that final corner that Chambers scored from. I only heard it on the radio so would be nice if anyone who was at the match had an oppinion on it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024