Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to the basic 4-4-2? 10:28 - Oct 24 with 612 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Feel like we need to revert back to the first few games. 4-4-2 with wide men. Just regain the balance and steady ourselves again. Get the ball wide, get crosses in and play with more energy across midfield.

Holy
KVY - Woolfenden - Chambers - Garbutt
Rowe - Skuse/Nolan - Downes/Nolan - Georgiou
Jackson - Norwood

Nolan should play though, tough to leave him out. I'd like Georgiou to play - direct, not afraid to hold on to the ball and always attempts to gets a cross in.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Back to the basic 4-4-2? on 11:14 - Oct 24 with 577 viewsdavblue

we were getting overrun in midfield at times with a 4-4-2.

Skuse needs to be a in a 3 imo, he doesn't do enough further up the pitch in a central 2.
Back to the basic 4-4-2? on 11:24 - Oct 24 with 570 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I dont mind the 3-5-2 when Downes and Skuse are both fit.

442 wasnt great with Downes and Skuse in the centre.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Back to the basic 4-4-2? on 11:27 - Oct 24 with 566 viewsGuthrum

Back to the basic 4-4-2? on 11:14 - Oct 24 by davblue

we were getting overrun in midfield at times with a 4-4-2.

Skuse needs to be a in a 3 imo, he doesn't do enough further up the pitch in a central 2.

Skuse and Downes together at CM has been extremely successful for us this season (73% win ratio, undefeated). It has been since that was broken up things have gone awry.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Back to the basic 4-4-2? on 12:16 - Oct 24 with 521 viewsdavblue

Back to the basic 4-4-2? on 11:27 - Oct 24 by Guthrum

Skuse and Downes together at CM has been extremely successful for us this season (73% win ratio, undefeated). It has been since that was broken up things have gone awry.

that's my opinion from what i see on the pitch.

We may well have that record but im yet to see them 2 dominate a game with the ball and when we played 4-4-2 we were getting overrun and changed things up.
Back to the basic 4-4-2? on 12:30 - Oct 24 with 505 viewsRobTheMonk

I'd like to see a front 3 of Georgiou left wing, Norwood/Keane central and then Jackson/Edwards on the right. Edwards has got goals from this position before. Skuse, Downes and Nolan midfield 3 with Nolan and Downes told to go froward.

Means Garbutt has to stay left back when he's arguably better going foward though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024