Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? 07:13 - Dec 4 with 742 viewsbluelagos

Or indeed Grenfell...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/03/mayors-of-liverpool-and-manches

Then why not question your candidates and/or write to them about the hillsborough law which was dropped due to the election.

It won't change the fact that those responsible for the unlawful killing of 96 football fans have gotten away with those killings, but it might just help prevent future families being denied justice.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 10:03]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 09:29 - Dec 4 with 616 viewsbrazil1982

As I understand, the inquiry into Grenfell has not concluded yet.
Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 09:29 - Dec 4 with 617 viewsbluelagos

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-50650775?fbclid=IwAR2ocgycpAaKt

Doubt this will be become an election issue - but it ought to imho.

Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 09:45 - Dec 4 with 604 viewssoupytwist

Listened to this yesterday - https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2019/dec/02/hillsborough-the-30-year-figh

It only scratches the surface really but it's a good introduction, if anyone needs it, to why the Hillsborough justice campaign are so unhappy with the verdict in the Duckenfield trial.

The Guardian Football Weekly put it out on their feed yesterday as well so if you subscribe to that you should get it automatically.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 9:46]
Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 10:01 - Dec 4 with 594 viewsbluelagos

Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 09:45 - Dec 4 by soupytwist

Listened to this yesterday - https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2019/dec/02/hillsborough-the-30-year-figh

It only scratches the surface really but it's a good introduction, if anyone needs it, to why the Hillsborough justice campaign are so unhappy with the verdict in the Duckenfield trial.

The Guardian Football Weekly put it out on their feed yesterday as well so if you subscribe to that you should get it automatically.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 9:46]

This also well worth a read

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-devastating-fai

The bit that grates most with me, is that DD's defence team took only 90 mins in their defense and then only put up as evidence, statements from dead people who could not be cross examined.

Then, he is allowed to spend 2 days summing up with all sorts of bollox (including some of the discredited lies about fans) and this is allowed by the judge despite the fact it has not been presented/contested earlier in the case.

At the inquests every police lie was contested by family legal teams and subsequently rejected by the jury who saw through the disgusting lies of the police. Yet in DDs trial, they went uncontested. I don't fully understand whether that was because the CPS chose not to contest it, but that is my understanding.

Openshaw is now regarded by many in much the same way as Popper and Stuart-Smith before him.

Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 10:45 - Dec 4 with 562 viewsOldsmoker

Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 10:01 - Dec 4 by bluelagos

This also well worth a read

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-devastating-fai

The bit that grates most with me, is that DD's defence team took only 90 mins in their defense and then only put up as evidence, statements from dead people who could not be cross examined.

Then, he is allowed to spend 2 days summing up with all sorts of bollox (including some of the discredited lies about fans) and this is allowed by the judge despite the fact it has not been presented/contested earlier in the case.

At the inquests every police lie was contested by family legal teams and subsequently rejected by the jury who saw through the disgusting lies of the police. Yet in DDs trial, they went uncontested. I don't fully understand whether that was because the CPS chose not to contest it, but that is my understanding.

Openshaw is now regarded by many in much the same way as Popper and Stuart-Smith before him.

It grates with me as well.
You are right to highlight a glaring injustice in the courts proceedings.
When a brief sums up their case, whether it be defence or prosecution, they are supposed to highlight what they have presented in court.
The judge must intervene and stop anything 'new' that wasn't aired in court and therefore can't be challenged. The time for these 'new' arguments has passed. This judge failed to do that. The prosecution failed to object to it as well.
Justice has not been served in my view.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 10:49 - Dec 4 with 558 viewschicoazul

I dont think I can agree that there was a "lack of accountability at Hillsborough". Duckenfield was literally found to be accountable hence he was put on trial. He had to account for himself and his actions.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 11:00 - Dec 4 with 535 viewsNo9

The whole thing is utterly disgraceful
The laws & certainly the judiciary are o longer fit for purpose
Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 14:01 - Dec 4 with 480 viewsbluelagos

Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 10:45 - Dec 4 by Oldsmoker

It grates with me as well.
You are right to highlight a glaring injustice in the courts proceedings.
When a brief sums up their case, whether it be defence or prosecution, they are supposed to highlight what they have presented in court.
The judge must intervene and stop anything 'new' that wasn't aired in court and therefore can't be challenged. The time for these 'new' arguments has passed. This judge failed to do that. The prosecution failed to object to it as well.
Justice has not been served in my view.

Spot on

Login to get fewer ads

Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 14:06 - Dec 4 with 475 viewsbluelagos

Angry over the lack of accountability at Hillsborough? on 10:49 - Dec 4 by chicoazul

I dont think I can agree that there was a "lack of accountability at Hillsborough". Duckenfield was literally found to be accountable hence he was put on trial. He had to account for himself and his actions.

Except he didnt did he. He refused to take the stand. He also refused to answer all questions put to him in criminal interviews.

Spineless coward who was responsible for unlawfully killing 96 people.

You may think justice has been served, but given your lack of knowledge of the case, his actions and the way the CPS and judge proceeded I dont think your comments are informed ones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024