Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Alf 100 20:44 - Jan 22 with 736 viewsThe_Last_Baron

On what would have been Sir Alf Ramsey's 100th birthdayets pay tribute to the great man with memories of the man who brought the league title to Ipswich.

I met him once circa 1990 and had a brief chat with him but I'm sure many of you have some great stories to tell.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Sir Alf 100 on 20:50 - Jan 22 with 724 viewsPJH

I met him in as much as I have his autograph from when he was still ITFC manager but no stories as such.

He and his players did make me my mum and my dad three very happy people on 28th April 1962 though.
Sir Alf 100 on 20:54 - Jan 22 with 703 viewsDubtractor

Sir Alf 100 on 20:50 - Jan 22 by PJH

I met him in as much as I have his autograph from when he was still ITFC manager but no stories as such.

He and his players did make me my mum and my dad three very happy people on 28th April 1962 though.

Were you there when we won the title? I'm surprised you haven't mentioned that before boss.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sir Alf 100 on 22:07 - Jan 22 with 657 viewsPJH

Sir Alf 100 on 20:54 - Jan 22 by Dubtractor

Were you there when we won the title? I'm surprised you haven't mentioned that before boss.

I tend to forget it but at the end of April each year someone posts a thread on here that brings it all back.
Sir Alf 100 on 15:45 - Jan 23 with 584 viewsgainsboroughblue

As part of a media studies project, I interviewed Sir Alf when he was a chief executive at some company on the Sproughton Road industrial estate, name eludes me, in 1989.

Suffice to say, scripted questions made way for football talk. Lovely man.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024