Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ganduillet at Blackpool 21:34 - Nov 7 with 3678 viewsonlymehere

I think he could be what we want next season if we go up I would love Evans to put a two million bid in for I think he is the best striker in this division.
Think he would make the step up no problem probably get shot down for this but I think this guy has a great future just wish it was with us.
Ganduillet at Blackpool on 21:40 - Nov 7 with 3656 viewsStokieBlue

You might be right but I think the post is a bit muddled.

He's 27 years old, 28 fairly soon and you're talking like he's a youngster.

He's got 1 goal more than Jackson and 0 assets to Jackson's 4.

He's got 1 goal more than Norwood with a slightly worse goals to minutes ratio.

Can I ask why you've disregarded two strikers we have with similar or more impressive records? Jackson is nearly 3 years younger and Norwood is only 1.5 years older.

You might be right and he might be brilliant but by your reasoning both Norwood and Jackson would command a higher fee.

SB
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 21:41]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 21:44 - Nov 7 with 3632 viewsonlymehere

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 21:40 - Nov 7 by StokieBlue

Can I ask why you've disregarded two strikers we have with similar or more impressive records? Jackson is nearly 3 years younger and Norwood is only 1.5 years older.

You might be right and he might be brilliant but by your reasoning both Norwood and Jackson would command a higher fee.

SB

I think he would compliment our squad you could rotate the front three as we know it’s what Lambert likes to do.
His age is nothing to worry about I believe he is almost at his peak and look at Murphy I think he is 37 next Birthday still a decent striker.
Ganduillet at Blackpool on 21:48 - Nov 7 with 3616 viewsWacko

SB

They wouldn't command any fee because we own them already...

Also facetiousness aside, you should take into account the average standard of the teams they play in. We are far superior to Blackpool

I would personally rather spend 2m on a Euro striker in the Kodja mould

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 22:49 - Nov 7 with 3512 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Genuinely interested to know the basis of this as I haven't seen much of him. He has an incredibly modest goal scoring record mainly in league two. In his entire career he has only scored more than 5 league goals in a season once. And as I say mostly in League two. I can't see any pedigree there at all.

Late bloomer? Fair play if that turns out to be the case and you have seen a player in him. I.don't think he would get a game at champ level in reality.

Toney at Posh if we were able to splash the cash but they would no doubt be looking for big bucks.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 02:20 - Nov 8 with 3421 viewsAlexGreen

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 21:44 - Nov 7 by onlymehere

I think he would compliment our squad you could rotate the front three as we know it’s what Lambert likes to do.
His age is nothing to worry about I believe he is almost at his peak and look at Murphy I think he is 37 next Birthday still a decent striker.

For every 37yr old striker who's still playing like Murphy, there are 20 players who have long since retired or are playing in the lowest rungs of football.

I agree we should look to identify top affordable talent to develop but he seems probably on the older side of the fence to fall into that category, definitely if we're going to spend 2 million on him.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 22:22 - Feb 26 with 3024 viewsMaySixth

His stats are excellent this season.

Praying he doesn't recover from his hamstring injury and play against us on Saturday

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 22:43 - Feb 26 with 2987 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He’s out of contract in the summer so won’t cost a penny and has told the Chief Exec at Blackpool he is keeping his options open. Given he has been the subject of interest from Charlton the last 2 windows I suspect he’ll be moving on to bigger clubs than us.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 23:03 - Feb 26 with 2957 viewsclive_baker

Looks very handy to me. He's about a lot more than goals, he's a beast, real handful in the air, incredibly strong but also technically looks a very good player. Excellent touch, hard working, skilful and can finish. Lazy comparison given he's a big Ivorian but he's like a poor mans Drogba. I wouldn't want to play against him and he would definitely offer something we're really lacking in our squad.

Can't see him coming here though, I would've thought he'll have his sights set on the Championship.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 06:49 - Feb 27 with 2861 viewsITFC_Forever

You lost me at “if we go up”.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 10:19 - Feb 27 with 2746 viewsVaughan8

SB

He has 15 league goals compared to Jackson and Norwood having 11 each.....that works out as 4 goals more?

He has played 2191 mins compared to Jackson 2522 mins and Norwood 1916 mins so has a better goals to minutes ratio than both as well?

Plus granduillet has scored 3 goals in 5.5 games in the cup competitions.

Not sure where you got your facts from. Mine were from soccerway website.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 10:19]
Ganduillet at Blackpool on 10:20 - Feb 27 with 2740 viewsSwansea_Blue

SB

The Lambert approach innit - keep trying more players until magically it all drops into place.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 10:22 - Feb 27 with 2734 viewsStokieBlue

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 10:19 - Feb 27 by Vaughan8

He has 15 league goals compared to Jackson and Norwood having 11 each.....that works out as 4 goals more?

He has played 2191 mins compared to Jackson 2522 mins and Norwood 1916 mins so has a better goals to minutes ratio than both as well?

Plus granduillet has scored 3 goals in 5.5 games in the cup competitions.

Not sure where you got your facts from. Mine were from soccerway website.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 10:19]

I assume you understand how the Gregorian calendar works? You understand that the arrow of time moves constantly forward although ones perception of time can be affected by relative speed.

Overall a totally bizarre post to compare stats posted at the start of November to those gather at the end of February as if they are the same.

SB
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 10:24]

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 10:24 - Feb 27 with 2717 viewsVaughan8

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 10:22 - Feb 27 by StokieBlue

I assume you understand how the Gregorian calendar works? You understand that the arrow of time moves constantly forward although ones perception of time can be affected by relative speed.

Overall a totally bizarre post to compare stats posted at the start of November to those gather at the end of February as if they are the same.

SB
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 10:24]

Haha totally missed that. I apologise.

Still he’s better than our strikers now.
Ganduillet at Blackpool on 10:26 - Feb 27 with 2709 viewsStokieBlue

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 10:24 - Feb 27 by Vaughan8

Haha totally missed that. I apologise.

Still he’s better than our strikers now.

Fair enough :).

I agree he looks better now but town as a team have been totally rubbish over the last 3 months and created essentially no chances for the forwards.

I doubt Granduillet would have scored many. I doubt Kane would have been able to score many with no chances.

Our issues are further back than the forward line.

SB

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 10:29 - Feb 27 with 2688 viewsVaughan8

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 10:26 - Feb 27 by StokieBlue

Fair enough :).

I agree he looks better now but town as a team have been totally rubbish over the last 3 months and created essentially no chances for the forwards.

I doubt Granduillet would have scored many. I doubt Kane would have been able to score many with no chances.

Our issues are further back than the forward line.

SB

Agreed. The team is not functioning well except in the odd game here or there. The defence is leaking goals.

Not a great load of creativity in midfield which we have struggled with for years.
Ganduillet at Blackpool on 10:45 - Feb 27 with 2666 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 10:29 - Feb 27 by Vaughan8

Agreed. The team is not functioning well except in the odd game here or there. The defence is leaking goals.

Not a great load of creativity in midfield which we have struggled with for years.

I lay this down to no clear philosophy and proper coaching. I think we SOME talented footballers at this level, not a squad full nor consistently.

However, I think the games we've clicked have been down to individual performers, and lets not forget we've been good against Accrington, Lincoln and Burton.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 11:44 - Feb 27 with 2617 viewsBigManBlue

Take at least 3 zeroes off that sum and you're looking closer to our likely price range...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Ganduillet at Blackpool on 12:05 - Feb 27 with 2583 viewsrickw

I suggested him as a target in January, with him being shortly out of contract and a big targetman who can score in L1.

He's obviously having a good season so I'd be surprised if a Championship club now won't take him on a free

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024