Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Gunthrum - you are a learned man and I seek your advice. 14:44 - Mar 6 with 879 viewsLord_Lucan

I have to paint the outside of Mothers annex and it has that pebble dash effect thing.

Can I use a thick roller on this or do I have to use a bloody brush?

Thanks in advance.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

FAO Gunthrum - you are a learned man and I seek your advice. on 14:52 - Mar 6 with 839 viewshomer_123

Neither - get a decorater in.

I'll ping you an invoice for my advice.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

FAO Gunthrum - you are a learned man and I seek your advice. on 15:21 - Mar 6 with 810 viewsGuthrum

You can get extra-long pile rollers for rough surfaces (beware, they spray paint much more than the ordinary sort, especially if you go too fast). If it's the usual fairly knobbly render type surface, then that should do the trick. If it's been painted before, that helps, too.

Will need at least two coats. And a long roller pole. But certaily quicker and less painful than doing a whole wall with a brush.

Something like this:

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

FAO Gunthrum - you are a learned man and I seek your advice. on 15:26 - Mar 6 with 792 viewsLord_Lucan

FAO Gunthrum - you are a learned man and I seek your advice. on 15:21 - Mar 6 by Guthrum

You can get extra-long pile rollers for rough surfaces (beware, they spray paint much more than the ordinary sort, especially if you go too fast). If it's the usual fairly knobbly render type surface, then that should do the trick. If it's been painted before, that helps, too.

Will need at least two coats. And a long roller pole. But certaily quicker and less painful than doing a whole wall with a brush.

Something like this:

Thanks, I wondered if it might work ok. Unfortunately it's a new build so gonna be a three coater!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

FAO Gunthrum - you are a learned man and I seek your advice. on 15:28 - Mar 6 with 784 viewsusm

Ours is rough-rendered. Weve had it painted twice, first time by me and a few mates and relatives and then by a proper painter & decorator.

Those long leaf roller things work okay to an extent but wont get right into the innards if you know what I mean, so you end up going over it with a brush. And they are messy so watch out for windows, doors, guttering etc, let alone the floor.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

FAO Gunthrum - you are a learned man and I seek your advice. on 15:32 - Mar 6 with 771 viewsartsbossbeard

FAO Gunthrum - you are a learned man and I seek your advice. on 15:21 - Mar 6 by Guthrum

Something like this:

He'll end up looking like the girls in the video's he watches.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

FAO Gunthrum - you are a learned man and I seek your advice. on 15:33 - Mar 6 with 770 viewsGuthrum

FAO Gunthrum - you are a learned man and I seek your advice. on 15:26 - Mar 6 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks, I wondered if it might work ok. Unfortunately it's a new build so gonna be a three coater!

The biggest problem with (old style*) pebble dash is the gaps in between and behind the stones, which it's pretty impossible to get paint into without using a brush. The more modern (often sprayed on) knobbly render has smaller lumps and is more forgiving.

* Real pebbles, shovelled on.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

FAO Gunthrum - you are a learned man and I seek your advice. on 15:51 - Mar 6 with 742 viewsLord_Lucan

FAO Gunthrum - you are a learned man and I seek your advice. on 15:33 - Mar 6 by Guthrum

The biggest problem with (old style*) pebble dash is the gaps in between and behind the stones, which it's pretty impossible to get paint into without using a brush. The more modern (often sprayed on) knobbly render has smaller lumps and is more forgiving.

* Real pebbles, shovelled on.

When I had an extension built 15 years ago I seem to remember the bloke actually throwing the stones at the wall but this time the stone person came round and was gone pretty quick so I wonder if he had a machine.

I might PM you a picture when I go home, if it's ridiculously unforgiving I'll get a man in!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024