Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting piece of R4 this morning 07:35 - Mar 12 with 869 viewshomer_123

Talk about 'not' banning large gatherings but focusing on small gatherings - in an attempt to concentrate peoples mind about the severity and also get them to take this seriously.

In short, said Doctor suspected that we will not see lockdown here in the UK as there has been in other Countries; as the Gov are trying to balance managing the spread vs social and economic effects.

Also, just as an aside, South Korea - are testing more people than any other country and along with their approach and healthcare sees them have an incredibly low 0.2% mortality rate on this. Drive through testing, enough tests, many many testing labs to support the process and care when needed.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 8:01]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Interesting piece of R4 this morning on 08:08 - Mar 12 with 792 viewsOldsmoker

There will be many articles/books/TV docs in 6 months time that will debate whether the UK response was the correct one.
I would be interested to see the breakdown of who died ref age/social class when it's all over.
* That's if I survive - I'm a Pensioner, Smoker, Heart problems etc.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Interesting piece of R4 this morning on 09:02 - Mar 12 with 712 viewshomer_123

Interesting piece of R4 this morning on 08:08 - Mar 12 by Oldsmoker

There will be many articles/books/TV docs in 6 months time that will debate whether the UK response was the correct one.
I would be interested to see the breakdown of who died ref age/social class when it's all over.
* That's if I survive - I'm a Pensioner, Smoker, Heart problems etc.

Indeed. Fascinating that the EU cannot organise an EU wide approach to the Virus either. Due to the fact healthcare is a national issue - but interesting that they cannot and are failing to gain any kind of concensus.

The USs decision to stop flights is likely to focus their minds though.

Interesting piece of R4 this morning on 09:26 - Mar 12 with 674 viewsGuthrum

Interesting piece of R4 this morning on 09:02 - Mar 12 by homer_123

Indeed. Fascinating that the EU cannot organise an EU wide approach to the Virus either. Due to the fact healthcare is a national issue - but interesting that they cannot and are failing to gain any kind of concensus.

The USs decision to stop flights is likely to focus their minds though.

That's not entirely fair. Containment is a regional issue, around the relatively localised centre of the outbreak (e.g. Wuhan, Lombardy, Qom). Europe-wide measures are not really appropriate or helpful in that situation.

Where the EU can be most useful is in the realm of economics, which is more about supporting the worst-hit regions and clearing up afterwards.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting piece of R4 this morning on 09:29 - Mar 12 with 659 viewsStokieBlue

Interesting piece of R4 this morning on 09:26 - Mar 12 by Guthrum

That's not entirely fair. Containment is a regional issue, around the relatively localised centre of the outbreak (e.g. Wuhan, Lombardy, Qom). Europe-wide measures are not really appropriate or helpful in that situation.

Where the EU can be most useful is in the realm of economics, which is more about supporting the worst-hit regions and clearing up afterwards.

It is highlighting some internal divisions though and how countries still look out for number 1.

Examples would be France and Germany banning the export of face masks when Italy might need them more and Austria and Slovenia closing their Italian borders which must go against some freedom of movement rules.

It's extraordinary times though so extraordinary measures are needed.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interesting piece of R4 this morning on 09:57 - Mar 12 with 618 viewsGuthrum

Interesting piece of R4 this morning on 09:29 - Mar 12 by StokieBlue

It is highlighting some internal divisions though and how countries still look out for number 1.

Examples would be France and Germany banning the export of face masks when Italy might need them more and Austria and Slovenia closing their Italian borders which must go against some freedom of movement rules.

It's extraordinary times though so extraordinary measures are needed.

SB

Plus the EU has never been the overbearing, monolithic entity some people have presented it as, anyway.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting piece of R4 this morning on 10:33 - Mar 12 with 569 viewshomer_123

Interesting piece of R4 this morning on 09:57 - Mar 12 by Guthrum

Plus the EU has never been the overbearing, monolithic entity some people have presented it as, anyway.

No, I agree - was merely commenting on the fact that they are 'struggling' to work together on such an important issue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024