Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PJH - Keep Right on 09:21 - Apr 28 with 603 viewsDinnernotTea

Brilliant to hear your 1962 memories. Sir Alf is my football hero and the Class of '62 are criminally overlooked (look inside Planet Blue, not a mention of them). In reality it's probably the top 3 biggest shocks in English football history. Sir Alf and his men seemed to get overlooked by Sir Bobby and his stars which I think is a shame.

Anyway, you mention the song Keep Right On To The End Of The Road which is obviously Birmingham's anthem now. I was there in 2001 League Cup semi and it sounds incredible when all 4 corners of the ground belt it out.

What I want to know, why the hell did it fade away as our anthem? And do you remember when it stopped being sang?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

PJH - Keep Right on on 09:40 - Apr 28 with 569 viewsPJH

I don't remember when it lost popularity at Portman Road but it certainly boomed out in 1961/62.

It was Birmingham's song first because it originated with them prior to the 1956 F.A. Cup Final apparently.
PJH - Keep Right on on 10:22 - Apr 28 with 528 viewsBluespeed225

'Rousing chorus of Keep Right on' is mentioned in the Supporters Club notes in some of the home programmes from 62'.
PJH - Keep Right on on 10:39 - Apr 28 with 507 viewsmonty_radio

PJH - Keep Right on on 09:40 - Apr 28 by PJH

I don't remember when it lost popularity at Portman Road but it certainly boomed out in 1961/62.

It was Birmingham's song first because it originated with them prior to the 1956 F.A. Cup Final apparently.

I miss Entry of the Gladiators more. Set me all a-tingle, it did.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

PJH - Keep Right on on 12:14 - Apr 28 with 473 viewsPJH

PJH - Keep Right on on 10:39 - Apr 28 by monty_radio

I miss Entry of the Gladiators more. Set me all a-tingle, it did.

Yes that was special.
PJH - Keep Right on on 14:49 - Apr 28 with 434 viewsjontysnut

I remember my dad belting it out in the Vic Reeves club style at the 75 Leeds Cup game at Filbert St
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024