Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy May 6th 10:09 - May 6 with 626 viewsMaySixth

and happy birthday Jim Magilton
[Post edited 6 May 2020 10:10]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Happy May 6th on 10:19 - May 6 with 601 viewsFtnfwest

And to you sir (& JM). Went to the quarter, went to the semi, couldn't get a final ticket - but a memory i'll take to the grave.
Happy May 6th on 10:37 - May 6 with 583 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Have just finished listening to the Blue Monday interviews with JM. Great little series, and what a good guy.

A couple of things it made me realise;

1. We have been skint since 2002, one of the reasons BFJ left the club. There was a small 2-3 year blip from 2009 when we did have some money and wasted it.

2. When Jim talks about his time under Sheepy and Bowden, it really sounds like there was leadership and infrastructure within the club. Now it seems like we just run on a skeleton staff, including the senior leadership team. Must have been great to be able to call on Charlie Woods.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Happy May 6th on 10:41 - May 6 with 574 viewsMaySixth

Happy May 6th on 10:37 - May 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Have just finished listening to the Blue Monday interviews with JM. Great little series, and what a good guy.

A couple of things it made me realise;

1. We have been skint since 2002, one of the reasons BFJ left the club. There was a small 2-3 year blip from 2009 when we did have some money and wasted it.

2. When Jim talks about his time under Sheepy and Bowden, it really sounds like there was leadership and infrastructure within the club. Now it seems like we just run on a skeleton staff, including the senior leadership team. Must have been great to be able to call on Charlie Woods.

I thought those interviews were excellent and Jim's attention to detail is something else.

I spoke to him last week about a side project I am working on and he is so so easy is to speak to - we could have gone on for hours.

Your second point is very important - I do feel at the club that there is a massive disconnect in leadership between the boardroom and players.

One thing that Sheepshanks did well was having the authority but also the distance with the playing staff - I think a figurehead at the top of the club can have such a positive effect on a club.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Happy May 6th on 10:44 - May 6 with 571 viewsWeWereZombies

What is the answer when we ask what is the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything? How many years ago was it now? Shine on.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Happy May 6th on 11:07 - May 6 with 550 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just happens to also be mine and Mrs O's wedding anniversary today - 25th in fact...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Happy May 6th on 12:04 - May 6 with 529 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

My Birthday too🤣
Happy May 6th on 13:27 - May 6 with 504 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Happy May 6th on 10:41 - May 6 by MaySixth

I thought those interviews were excellent and Jim's attention to detail is something else.

I spoke to him last week about a side project I am working on and he is so so easy is to speak to - we could have gone on for hours.

Your second point is very important - I do feel at the club that there is a massive disconnect in leadership between the boardroom and players.

One thing that Sheepshanks did well was having the authority but also the distance with the playing staff - I think a figurehead at the top of the club can have such a positive effect on a club.

Couldnt agree more.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024