Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Removing the need for quarantine with "air bridges' 16:28 - May 19 with 568 viewsSwansea_Blue

There's a proposal to spare visitors from countries with low Covid infections from having to follow the proposed quarantine measures.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52723101

What am I missing here? The country specifically mentioned who might be up for this is America - what? And presumably this would be mutual, so why would anyone else open their borders to us when we're up there with America as the biggest hit countries (so far)?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Removing the need for quarantine with "air bridges' on 16:30 - May 19 with 563 viewsSpruceMoose

The fact that it is listed under the 'Business' section of the website says a lot about who would be keen on pushing this, and why they might be less concerned about any potential health issues.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Removing the need for quarantine with "air bridges' on 16:35 - May 19 with 543 viewslinhdi

Removing the need for quarantine with "air bridges' on 16:30 - May 19 by SpruceMoose

The fact that it is listed under the 'Business' section of the website says a lot about who would be keen on pushing this, and why they might be less concerned about any potential health issues.

Of there are going to be air bridges between countries with similar COVID records, then UK and USA are natural partners. It reminds me of the Cold War concept of Mutually Assured Destruction.
Removing the need for quarantine with "air bridges' on 16:45 - May 19 with 528 viewsJ2BLUE

This seems incredibly odd to me. Holidays aren't exactly a priority are they? I appreciate that's a matter of perception and i've been hoping football comes back which is equally unimportant but surely holidays could be taken in the UK? It would seemingly make sense from a virus standpoint and stimulate the UK economy? With the added benefit of easily being able to get home if needed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Removing the need for quarantine with "air bridges' on 16:49 - May 19 with 521 viewsSwansea_Blue

Removing the need for quarantine with "air bridges' on 16:30 - May 19 by SpruceMoose

It seems to be being pushed by the tourist industry. Seems a bit bizarre and I can't for the life of me work out how they think America and the UK are 2 countries without a Covid problem.

I'm getting used to the narrative not matching reality, but this still confuses the hell out of me!

Removing the need for quarantine with "air bridges' on 16:59 - May 19 with 515 viewsSwansea_Blue

Removing the need for quarantine with "air bridges' on 16:45 - May 19 by J2BLUE

This seems incredibly odd to me. Holidays aren't exactly a priority are they? I appreciate that's a matter of perception and i've been hoping football comes back which is equally unimportant but surely holidays could be taken in the UK? It would seemingly make sense from a virus standpoint and stimulate the UK economy? With the added benefit of easily being able to get home if needed.

Bit weird. I'd understand it if we were Covid clean and wanted to make it easier for people to visit from Covi-free areas without all the hassle of quarantine. But his seems the opposite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024