Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to dig a hole if you are lucky enough to have savings... 17:51 - May 20 with 1116 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

BofE not ruling out negative interest rates.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/may/20/uk-sells-government-bond-with-n
[Post edited 20 May 2020 17:51]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Time to dig a hole if you are lucky enough to have savings... on 17:53 - May 20 with 1089 viewstonybied

Does that mean if I borrow money from a bank they'll have to pay me interest? Maybe the perfect time to apply for a loan for a few million quid!!!
Time to dig a hole if you are lucky enough to have savings... on 17:55 - May 20 with 1071 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Time to dig a hole if you are lucky enough to have savings... on 17:53 - May 20 by tonybied

Does that mean if I borrow money from a bank they'll have to pay me interest? Maybe the perfect time to apply for a loan for a few million quid!!!

You will pay interest the bank won't.

Time to dig a hole if you are lucky enough to have savings... on 18:16 - May 20 with 1003 viewsJ2BLUE

What a time to be alive.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Time to dig a hole if you are lucky enough to have savings... on 22:44 - May 20 with 823 viewsStokieBlue

It'a a worry as it probably means that investors are willing to take a negative rate now because:

- they think the recession will be so deep the rates will go more negative
- they are looking for "safer" assets because everything else is going to be too volatile

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Time to dig a hole if you are lucky enough to have savings... on 08:13 - May 21 with 636 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Time to dig a hole if you are lucky enough to have savings... on 22:44 - May 20 by StokieBlue

It'a a worry as it probably means that investors are willing to take a negative rate now because:

- they think the recession will be so deep the rates will go more negative
- they are looking for "safer" assets because everything else is going to be too volatile

SB

On 3 year bonds at that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024