Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry, you probably already know this. 19:12 - Jun 16 with 1088 viewsShawsey

I was watching border control Australia, nothing else on, and they stopped a China man who had Bird Nest in a bag. They said that Bird Nest, as in Bird Nest soup, is bird spit. They collect it from caves where birds congregate. Bird spit. Crazy.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 19:13]
Sorry, you probably already know this. on 19:40 - Jun 16 with 1011 viewsSpruceMoose

Think you meant 'Chinese man' buddy.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 19:43 - Jun 16 with 1007 viewsShawsey

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 19:40 - Jun 16 by SpruceMoose

Think you meant 'Chinese man' buddy.

To be fair, they did refer to him as a China man. I appreciate the correction though.
Sorry, you probably already know this. on 19:59 - Jun 16 with 986 viewsSpruceMoose

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 19:43 - Jun 16 by Shawsey

To be fair, they did refer to him as a China man. I appreciate the correction though.

Going back to your point though, I work with a fair few Asian-Americans and they are certainly far more experimental in what they consider to be good eats than I am!

One fella was even threatening to bring a durian fruit into work!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 20:15 - Jun 16 with 948 viewsShawsey

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 19:59 - Jun 16 by SpruceMoose

Going back to your point though, I work with a fair few Asian-Americans and they are certainly far more experimental in what they consider to be good eats than I am!

I had to google that. A very smelly fruit that is banned on public transport in many countries around the world. Not bird spit though, is it.
Sorry, you probably already know this. on 20:24 - Jun 16 with 925 viewsSpruceMoose

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 20:15 - Jun 16 by Shawsey

I had to google that. A very smelly fruit that is banned on public transport in many countries around the world. Not bird spit though, is it.

Did you watch some of the videos of Americans and Europeans trying to eat it? I almost bought some once, just to see...

I'm just saying, it's about perspective I suppose. Is it really any weirder than cows milk? Or honey?

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 21:17 - Jun 16 with 866 viewsjeera

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 20:15 - Jun 16 by Shawsey

Not exactly a squeamish bunch are they?

I've seen some photos Lucan kindly sent me from his last trip to China.

Some of the food looked really nice, and some of it I didn't even recognise as food.

He offers some interesting anecdotes on the subject if you can ever pin him down.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 21:28 - Jun 16 with 847 viewsClapham_Junction

In China, chicken gristle is considered a delicacy...

https://www.mychineserecipes.com/chicken-gristle-taste-review-and-cooking-tips/

"While we regularly see people eating only the flesh of the chicken, leaving the gristle and bones out, the craziest aspect is that chicken gristle is the best part."

Having inadvertently tried to eat some in Beijing, I'm not sure I agree with this.
Sorry, you probably already know this. on 21:32 - Jun 16 with 835 viewsjaykay

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 21:17 - Jun 16 by jeera

Not exactly a squeamish bunch are they?

I've seen some photos Lucan kindly sent me from his last trip to China.

Some of the food looked really nice, and some of it I didn't even recognise as food.

He offers some interesting anecdotes on the subject if you can ever pin him down.

this was the menu at the night food market in shanghai last year when i was there

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 21:36 - Jun 16 with 825 viewsWeWereZombies

I have bought and eaten durian, it is pretty much a 'must do while you are in Bangkok'. It smells, it tastes good but it isn't in any way comparable to Battenberg (the cake).

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 21:49 - Jun 16 with 803 viewsjeera

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 21:32 - Jun 16 by jaykay

this was the menu at the night food market in shanghai last year when i was there

I'd actually rather eat McDonalds.

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 21:51 - Jun 16 with 798 viewsSpruceMoose

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 21:49 - Jun 16 by jeera

I'd actually rather eat McDonalds.

I'd actually rather eat at J2's.

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 21:52 - Jun 16 with 791 viewsjeera

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 21:51 - Jun 16 by SpruceMoose

Hmm.

Would I eat at J2's? on 22:06 - Jun 16 with 750 viewsfactual_blue

Sorry, you probably already know this. on 21:51 - Jun 16 by SpruceMoose

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In