Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was interested to notice 21:09 - Jun 28 with 1039 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Iorfa, Luongo, Rhodes and Wickham all on the pitch for Wednesday this afternoon (and 2 of them scored their goals as well).

Does any other team in the top 2 divisions have the potential to field 4 or more of our ex-players currently?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Was interested to notice on 22:13 - Jun 28 with 899 viewsCokeIsKey

Derby have a potential to field four with (including loans) Lawrence, Waghorn, Clarke and Marriott. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a fifth that I missed too.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Was interested to notice on 22:15 - Jun 28 with 886 viewsHerbivore

Do loanees really count?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Was interested to notice on 22:32 - Jun 28 with 832 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Was interested to notice on 22:15 - Jun 28 by Herbivore

Do loanees really count?

Yes, or else Luongo would not have made it 4. I was thinking players that we have seen in our team.

I had forgotten that Derby collected a lot of our one-time players too.

Was interested to notice on 22:37 - Jun 28 with 812 viewsPhilTWTD

Was interested to notice on 22:32 - Jun 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, or else Luongo would not have made it 4. I was thinking players that we have seen in our team.

Neil Thompson's among their coaching staff as well. Officially U23s coach but has been working with the first team under Garry Monk.
Was interested to notice on 22:43 - Jun 28 with 793 viewsHerbivore

Was interested to notice on 22:32 - Jun 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Iorfa was a loan as well. I guess I don't really see Luongo or Iorfa as Town players in the same way Rhodes and Wickham were, but each to their own.

Was interested to notice on 22:47 - Jun 28 with 774 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Was interested to notice on 22:43 - Jun 28 by Herbivore

Iorfa was a loan as well. I guess I don't really see Luongo or Iorfa as Town players in the same way Rhodes and Wickham were, but each to their own.

I see your point. However, loan, short term-deal or longer contract, the player is only "our" player temporarily. I can understand those who come through the academy or those who stay for many seasons being seen differently but why is Tom Adeyemi, Mark Fish or James Collins any more "our" player than Ryan Fraser or Tom Lawrence?

Was interested to notice on 22:56 - Jun 28 with 752 viewsHerbivore

Was interested to notice on 22:47 - Jun 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

I see your point. However, loan, short term-deal or longer contract, the player is only "our" player temporarily. I can understand those who come through the academy or those who stay for many seasons being seen differently but why is Tom Adeyemi, Mark Fish or James Collins any more "our" player than Ryan Fraser or Tom Lawrence?

Because they were actually under contract with us. We owned their registration. That's not the case with loans. Each to their own, I just feel like with so many youngsters having multiple loan spells these days it doesn't really feel to me like we are their club or they are our player.

Was interested to notice on 23:01 - Jun 28 with 736 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Was interested to notice on 22:56 - Jun 28 by Herbivore

Because they were actually under contract with us. We owned their registration. That's not the case with loans. Each to their own, I just feel like with so many youngsters having multiple loan spells these days it doesn't really feel to me like we are their club or they are our player.

With a loan they are also registered to play for us. OK, sometimes they might be able to be recalled but so might a player registered to us get injured, refuse to play or be sold.

The only real difference I can see is the potential for us to be able to receive compensation for them leaving while still under contract (aka a transfer fee).

I feel Fraser and Lawrence were more connected to us than Fish, Collins, Le Pen or Adeyemi.

Agree to differ on this one. I can see your point.

Login to get fewer ads

Was interested to notice on 23:07 - Jun 28 with 728 viewsHerbivore

Was interested to notice on 23:01 - Jun 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

With a loan they are also registered to play for us. OK, sometimes they might be able to be recalled but so might a player registered to us get injured, refuse to play or be sold.

The only real difference I can see is the potential for us to be able to receive compensation for them leaving while still under contract (aka a transfer fee).

I feel Fraser and Lawrence were more connected to us than Fish, Collins, Le Pen or Adeyemi.

Agree to differ on this one. I can see your point.

It's not just the ability to get a transfer fee, it's that another club owns them. That means if we want to keep a loan player, we can't do so without another club being willing to sell them even if the player wanted to stay. For me that's a big difference. But yes, agree to disagree on this one.

Was interested to notice on 23:12 - Jun 28 with 718 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Was interested to notice on 23:07 - Jun 28 by Herbivore

It's not just the ability to get a transfer fee, it's that another club owns them. That means if we want to keep a loan player, we can't do so without another club being willing to sell them even if the player wanted to stay. For me that's a big difference. But yes, agree to disagree on this one.

Sometimes, but sometimes it is clear they don't have a future with the parent club (like Garbutt or Judge last season). In many respects Garbutt's time here has been no different than any of our players whose contracts end in the summer. It is not like we can say we have a lot of choice whether Downes and Woolfenden will be our players next season. It is purely whether a higher club is prepared to offer us a fee of any note. Perhaps it is something about me being disillusioned with the fact we end up stuck with some players and unable to stop others leaving. Until recently I would have seen it exactly how you seem to.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024