Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wondering what the guy's defence will be? 06:17 - Jul 30 with 1061 viewsbluelagos

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/29/man-murdered-two-women-and-kept-

Obviously we shouldnt comment on the actual case (or risk us or Twtd getting in trouble)

So let me ask, given that the police found the remains of 2 dead women in the freezer, what possible reasons could there be for them getting in there?

Someone else slipped them in when he wasnt looking? They were both trainee contortionists?

Any other reasons why the guy might have 2 dead bodies in the freezer?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 06:41 - Jul 30 with 1006 viewsWeWereZombies

Hoarding, surely one body is enough to get most cannibals through lock down restrictions...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 06:51 - Jul 30 with 989 viewsbluelagos

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 06:41 - Jul 30 by WeWereZombies

Hoarding, surely one body is enough to get most cannibals through lock down restrictions...

I still think someone slipped em in is a goer.

The plumber comes round, you don't check what he has in his tool bag. Go and make the guy a cuppa and he slips the remains of his mrs into the freezer. I mean who watches every visitor all the time right?

And if it happened once maybe word got out on the local "How to get rid of a dead body" whattsapp group, hence the second dead body in the freezer.

Simples.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 07:00 - Jul 30 with 974 viewsWeWereZombies

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 06:51 - Jul 30 by bluelagos

I still think someone slipped em in is a goer.

The plumber comes round, you don't check what he has in his tool bag. Go and make the guy a cuppa and he slips the remains of his mrs into the freezer. I mean who watches every visitor all the time right?

And if it happened once maybe word got out on the local "How to get rid of a dead body" whattsapp group, hence the second dead body in the freezer.

Simples.

Doesn't explain the guy going out and hanging wet clothes on a clothes line though, does it?

I mean, who goes and puts wet washing on a clothes line? It's the type of thing I always peek through the curtains to spot. I should imagine there are a few police stations looking forward to the Tuesday morning increase of Neighbourhood watch reports after washday now.

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 07:09 - Jul 30 with 964 viewsHerbivore

This is all a bit crass. Two women were violently murdered. One of them was a mother of three.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 07:16 - Jul 30 with 947 viewsWeWereZombies

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 07:09 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

This is all a bit crass. Two women were violently murdered. One of them was a mother of three.

You are of course right, but it is the standard graveyard humour (and this is also a crass term under the circumstances) of accountants. Sometimes you need a deflection technique to temper the seriousness of the situation, and the inevitable realisation that some human beings do such despicable things it can make you despair and want to give up on life, before you unpick reports to try and determine what is really going on.

[edit] And on that final sentence, do we know for sure that they were violently murdered?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 7:20]

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 08:14 - Jul 30 with 877 viewsuefacup81

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 07:00 - Jul 30 by WeWereZombies

Doesn't explain the guy going out and hanging wet clothes on a clothes line though, does it?

I mean, who goes and puts wet washing on a clothes line? It's the type of thing I always peek through the curtains to spot. I should imagine there are a few police stations looking forward to the Tuesday morning increase of Neighbourhood watch reports after washday now.

I'm puzzled by your 'wet clothes' comment. Unless I've been doing it wrong the last couple of decades, isn't a washing line the perfect place for wet clothes?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 08:35 - Jul 30 with 841 viewsWeWereZombies

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 08:14 - Jul 30 by uefacup81

I'm puzzled by your 'wet clothes' comment. Unless I've been doing it wrong the last couple of decades, isn't a washing line the perfect place for wet clothes?

'Soon afterwards, Younis removed the carpets in the flat and replaced them with wooden flooring. Around this time he was also seen hanging up large volumes of wet clothes on a communal washing line, the jury was told.'

I found this part of The Guardian report a bit circumstantial, it doesn't sound like he was hanging up women's clothing but he was hanging 'large volumes' - had he used all his clothes apart from the ones he was standing up in to mop up the freezer leakage? Did he not have any towels? Were there no blood stains on the clothes?

Beyond this curiosity there are more questions though, why did these women stay in contact with him? Issues of the nature of a controlling person arise, gaslighting, Stockholm syndrome like responses, the 'sex games gone wrong' attempt at a defence - although his silence seems to preclude that last one.

The women may not have been able to escape his influence because of family connections, not wanting to move away from other friendships, not having the confidence to start somewhere afresh or simply not have the money to do so. For every one of these cases there is the suspicion that a hundred other bad relationships are going on but not quite so tragic as to end in violent death. Then there are issues around whether the way we live makes them endemic, cultural and religious mores embed bad character traits in impressionable minds. The law court reports cannot, and probably should not, speculate on this but can leave the feeling of all the resources being spent on symptoms and very little on the root cause.

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 08:40 - Jul 30 with 828 viewsuefacup81

Wondering what the guy's defence will be? on 08:35 - Jul 30 by WeWereZombies

'Soon afterwards, Younis removed the carpets in the flat and replaced them with wooden flooring. Around this time he was also seen hanging up large volumes of wet clothes on a communal washing line, the jury was told.'

I found this part of The Guardian report a bit circumstantial, it doesn't sound like he was hanging up women's clothing but he was hanging 'large volumes' - had he used all his clothes apart from the ones he was standing up in to mop up the freezer leakage? Did he not have any towels? Were there no blood stains on the clothes?

Beyond this curiosity there are more questions though, why did these women stay in contact with him? Issues of the nature of a controlling person arise, gaslighting, Stockholm syndrome like responses, the 'sex games gone wrong' attempt at a defence - although his silence seems to preclude that last one.

The women may not have been able to escape his influence because of family connections, not wanting to move away from other friendships, not having the confidence to start somewhere afresh or simply not have the money to do so. For every one of these cases there is the suspicion that a hundred other bad relationships are going on but not quite so tragic as to end in violent death. Then there are issues around whether the way we live makes them endemic, cultural and religious mores embed bad character traits in impressionable minds. The law court reports cannot, and probably should not, speculate on this but can leave the feeling of all the resources being spent on symptoms and very little on the root cause.

Ahh, sorry, I missed the sarcasm in your original post!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024