Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. 21:55 - Jul 31 with 1317 viewsPinewoodblue

With very few deaths in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland would have expected the 7 day rolling average to have falled a lt lower that it has,

Today's UK figure is 120 and the rolling average stubbornly remaining above 60 a day. A quick check on COVID-19 hospital deaths in England shows a total for the last five of just 27. I know they change their data everyday so the actual date of death is recorded but there are either a lot of deaths still in care homes or people who die in their own homes but the figure seems far too high. Are they still counting everyone who tests positive as a Covid death even if they are run over by a bus?

Badger will correct me if I am wrong but heard numbers of Covid cases in ICU in England i around 100.

UK not alone in producing dodgy stats. If you believe the French they have had 180,000 cases and over 100,000 ended up in Hospital with 30,000 deaths.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. on 08:45 - Aug 1 with 1155 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The deaths are mainly coming from care homes, and then adding historical deaths in some cases. I find a useful metric to check is the one that says how many of the deaths reported have happened in the last 10 days or whatever it is, that helps to erase the historical ones and get the true figures. Agree about all countries producing dodgy numbers. When it’s all done we can expect some massive rewrites of stats.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. on 09:46 - Aug 1 with 1113 viewsGuthrum

Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. on 08:45 - Aug 1 by JammyDodgerrr

The deaths are mainly coming from care homes, and then adding historical deaths in some cases. I find a useful metric to check is the one that says how many of the deaths reported have happened in the last 10 days or whatever it is, that helps to erase the historical ones and get the true figures. Agree about all countries producing dodgy numbers. When it’s all done we can expect some massive rewrites of stats.

First, someone would have to create an internationally applicable standard of what constitutes a "death caused by Covid-19" and how such figures might be assessed. That's without tackling issues such as misattribution (deliberate or otherwise) and sheer absence of recording/data (e.g. in the slums of Brasil or India).

Excess deaths would seem to be the most reliable and universally applicable statistic, but even that has flaws and is very all-encompassing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. on 10:46 - Aug 1 with 1066 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. on 09:46 - Aug 1 by Guthrum

First, someone would have to create an internationally applicable standard of what constitutes a "death caused by Covid-19" and how such figures might be assessed. That's without tackling issues such as misattribution (deliberate or otherwise) and sheer absence of recording/data (e.g. in the slums of Brasil or India).

Excess deaths would seem to be the most reliable and universally applicable statistic, but even that has flaws and is very all-encompassing.

Yes, agree. It is very likely we will never see the true effects of COVID.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. on 11:01 - Aug 1 with 1052 viewslongtimefan

Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. on 08:45 - Aug 1 by JammyDodgerrr

Not sure that the deaths are mainly care home related. Look at the weekly ONS stats published each Tuesday as these break down deaths by location. I believe these show the majority are occurring in the home rather than any institutions. I find this somewhat strange as I’d have thought those who die at home would be in such a condition that they would have been moved to hospital!
Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. on 13:03 - Aug 1 with 997 viewsPinewoodblue

Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. on 11:01 - Aug 1 by longtimefan

Not sure that the deaths are mainly care home related. Look at the weekly ONS stats published each Tuesday as these break down deaths by location. I believe these show the majority are occurring in the home rather than any institutions. I find this somewhat strange as I’d have thought those who die at home would be in such a condition that they would have been moved to hospital!

Or not COVID-19 related.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. on 13:43 - Aug 1 with 955 viewslongtimefan

Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. on 13:03 - Aug 1 by Pinewoodblue

Or not COVID-19 related.

This was for deaths where the person had either tested positive for Covid-19 or it was mentioned on the death certificate.
Govt figures n Covid deaths are confusing me. on 13:49 - Aug 1 with 941 views26_Paz

Should stop publishing those death stats. Until they can count them properly, what’s the point?

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024