Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New management 17:15 - Feb 20 with 1012 viewscocknose1986

All,

This is only my opinion, but I don’t think we will see a change in management till new Club owners are found. Marcus Evans won’t want to sack Paul Lambert and pay him off, and financially this doesn’t make much sense, if negotiations are “close” to being completed.

I guarantee this will drag out, and mr Lambert will carry on being the club manager till the future of the club is sorted one way or another.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 16:31]
New management on 17:18 - Feb 20 with 932 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Didn't Sunderland's takeover get announced at Christmas and completed this week?

If the speculation is true, Lambert would still be here in April/May.

There would be next to no season tickets sold for next season. Who would want to pay to keep watching us limp into League 2?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

New management on 17:20 - Feb 20 with 902 viewsjayessess

"guarantee". You mean "speculate", I think. Unless you've got information the rest of us haven't?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

New management on 17:26 - Feb 20 with 804 viewspeterleeblue

Personally i think its simpler than that.

With no crowds football finances are dour. Lambert has a 5 year contract that one would like to think has some performance measures in it. Play Offs being a minimum.
I would therefore expect a less expensive pay off once the play offs are out of reach.
Sadly a wasted season.
New management on 22:04 - Feb 20 with 670 viewscocknose1986

New management on 17:20 - Feb 20 by jayessess

"guarantee". You mean "speculate", I think. Unless you've got information the rest of us haven't?

If I was Marcus Evans, I would hold off selling the club till there is no guarantee of promotion. If we somehow sneak into the play-offs and get promoted he might be able to raise the clubs valuation asking price due to being in the Championship.

In regards to Paul Lambert- if true what they say with a reduced package pay off if we don’t make the play-offs. This would make perfect sense in my opinion for the possible new owners to hold off on the take over till this part of the contract has been activated.

There has to be something going on behind the scenes. If this was previous years/seasons Paul Lambert would’ve been gone by now. This club is majorly gone sour, and this is unlike Marcus Evans to not make a change, unless he is severely broke and doesn’t have the money to pay him off.

Either way unfortunately we’re stuck with Lambert!

PS I don’t have any inside information and I’m just speculating.
New management on 16:32 - Feb 26 with 463 viewscocknose1986

Seems like my prediction was correct.
New management on 16:35 - Feb 26 with 420 viewsBlueWorldOrder

New management on 22:04 - Feb 20 by cocknose1986

If I was Marcus Evans, I would hold off selling the club till there is no guarantee of promotion. If we somehow sneak into the play-offs and get promoted he might be able to raise the clubs valuation asking price due to being in the Championship.

In regards to Paul Lambert- if true what they say with a reduced package pay off if we don’t make the play-offs. This would make perfect sense in my opinion for the possible new owners to hold off on the take over till this part of the contract has been activated.

There has to be something going on behind the scenes. If this was previous years/seasons Paul Lambert would’ve been gone by now. This club is majorly gone sour, and this is unlike Marcus Evans to not make a change, unless he is severely broke and doesn’t have the money to pay him off.

Either way unfortunately we’re stuck with Lambert!

PS I don’t have any inside information and I’m just speculating.

The current investors couldn't afford us if we were Championship. They are buy to make profit men. Their hoping to make that sale themselves.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024