Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isnt no statement better than a statement? 19:04 - Mar 3 with 649 viewschrismakin

Considering the twitter likes of Brett.
The story yesturday about playford road etc etc

Isnt it better and more respectful of supporters to not say anything rather than lie that there isnt anything going on.

These arent just rumours. They're actual facts being found out.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 19:06]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Isnt no statement better than a statement? on 19:10 - Mar 3 with 584 viewsDublinBlue84

Personally I think there is a game of negotiating in public happening.

Brett liking tweets is putting pressure on Marcus to sell the club that can only push the price down. Johnson probably is an intelligent fellow and knows that most fans want the club to be sold and if the pressure increases on Evans enough, that will impact on what Evans can demand in exchange for the club.

Meanwhile Evans saying that the current offer for the club is not good enough, which is what essentially he has said tonight. This seems to be bore out of a desire to change the narrative from being one of pressuring Evans to sell, to trying to pressure the others to increase their currently unacceptable offer, pushing the price etc up.

Basically the fans are a pawn in this game at the moment and are being used as leverage for both sides who are trying to push the price down or the price up respectively.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 19:13]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Isnt no statement better than a statement? on 19:12 - Mar 3 with 556 viewschrismakin

Isnt no statement better than a statement? on 19:10 - Mar 3 by DublinBlue84

Personally I think there is a game of negotiating in public happening.

Brett liking tweets is putting pressure on Marcus to sell the club that can only push the price down. Johnson probably is an intelligent fellow and knows that most fans want the club to be sold and if the pressure increases on Evans enough, that will impact on what Evans can demand in exchange for the club.

Meanwhile Evans saying that the current offer for the club is not good enough, which is what essentially he has said tonight. This seems to be bore out of a desire to change the narrative from being one of pressuring Evans to sell, to trying to pressure the others to increase their currently unacceptable offer, pushing the price etc up.

Basically the fans are a pawn in this game at the moment and are being used as leverage for both sides who are trying to push the price down or the price up respectively.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 19:13]

But you wouldn't get that playford road investigation unless things were pretty much agreed and it's got far enough to do so. Certainly wouldn't be done at negotiation stage surely.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Isnt no statement better than a statement? on 19:16 - Mar 3 with 464 viewsDublinBlue84

Isnt no statement better than a statement? on 19:12 - Mar 3 by chrismakin

But you wouldn't get that playford road investigation unless things were pretty much agreed and it's got far enough to do so. Certainly wouldn't be done at negotiation stage surely.

Is it possible that there is more than one element to the deal?

I know there was talk about Evans retaining hold of part of the land the training ground is on. Maybe Evans has not agreed to sell everything the consortium would like to buy?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Isnt no statement better than a statement? on 19:17 - Mar 3 with 444 viewsRegencyBlue

Isnt no statement better than a statement? on 19:12 - Mar 3 by chrismakin

Evans might be trying a bit of grandstanding in public to up the price maybe.

If he manages to screw the deal at the last minute I think he will be in for a surprise at season ticket renewal time!
Isnt no statement better than a statement? on 19:18 - Mar 3 with 426 viewschrismakin

Isnt no statement better than a statement? on 19:16 - Mar 3 by DublinBlue84

Is it possible that there is more than one element to the deal?

I know there was talk about Evans retaining hold of part of the land the training ground is on. Maybe Evans has not agreed to sell everything the consortium would like to buy?

Hmm maybe you're right

Could be they dont want the club itself it's all about the training land development potential

Isnt no statement better than a statement? on 19:34 - Mar 3 with 355 viewsBlueBorn86

I see Matt Slater has commented that he thinks the statement is down to him signing an NDA with the investors. However, I still don’t get why you’d make the statement at all if that was the case? Surely you’d leave the LON statement out there and leave it at that.

All a funny ol’ game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024