Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who'd have thought a Prem Club supports genocide? 16:11 - Mar 26 with 709 viewsEdmundo

Looks like there's even more to dislike about "big 6" clubs like Manure https://www.ethicalconsumer.org/ethical-money/manchester-united-partnered-myanma

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Who'd have thought a Prem Club supports genocide? on 16:33 - Mar 26 with 619 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Massive difference between being ambivalent to the source of their funding, and 'supporting genocide'.

If you are going down that route I'd imagine you don't have a good number of products in your home, made by a very large number of very big European manufacturers.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Who'd have thought a Prem Club supports genocide? on 16:35 - Mar 26 with 612 viewsStokieBlue

Who'd have thought a Prem Club supports genocide? on 16:33 - Mar 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

Massive difference between being ambivalent to the source of their funding, and 'supporting genocide'.

If you are going down that route I'd imagine you don't have a good number of products in your home, made by a very large number of very big European manufacturers.

I'm not sure there is a big difference and your second paragraph in order to justify it simply means we need more education on where the stuff we have comes from.

The rulers of Myanmar are awful, people shouldn't travel there as it legitimises the regime and it was horribly wrong when Leeds did a tour a couple of season back.

SB
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 16:35]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Who'd have thought a Prem Club supports genocide? on 16:35 - Mar 26 with 606 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Who'd have thought a Prem Club supports genocide? on 16:33 - Mar 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

I doubt Marcus Evans has turned down money from people from countries who's human rights records are appalling.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Who'd have thought a Prem Club supports genocide? on 16:39 - Mar 26 with 586 viewsStokieBlue

Who'd have thought a Prem Club supports genocide? on 16:35 - Mar 26 by BlueWorldOrder

I doubt Marcus Evans has turned down money from people from countries who's human rights records are appalling.

That's not the same though. The bank directly funded the Myanmar military whilst they were ethnically cleansing the Rohingya.

Being precise is important.

SB
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 16:39]

Who'd have thought a Prem Club supports genocide? on 16:45 - Mar 26 with 559 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Who'd have thought a Prem Club supports genocide? on 16:35 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

I'm not sure there is a big difference and your second paragraph in order to justify it simply means we need more education on where the stuff we have comes from.

The rulers of Myanmar are awful, people shouldn't travel there as it legitimises the regime and it was horribly wrong when Leeds did a tour a couple of season back.

SB
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 16:35]

At what point did I say The Myanmar government/military wasn't awful?

Irrespective, directly accusing Manchester United of actually supporting genocide, which is what the post title does, rather than supporting a regime that engages in genocide is some leap.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Who'd have thought a Prem Club supports genocide? on 16:50 - Mar 26 with 548 viewsStokieBlue

Who'd have thought a Prem Club supports genocide? on 16:45 - Mar 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

At what point did I say The Myanmar government/military wasn't awful?

Irrespective, directly accusing Manchester United of actually supporting genocide, which is what the post title does, rather than supporting a regime that engages in genocide is some leap.

It's not really a leap.

Man United provided a way for the bank (not the regime) to make money and that bank then funded the Myanmar military who were committing genocide.

You can dress it up all you like but there is a direct link there with regards to money flow that doesn't involve supporting the government like you claim.

Now perhaps they didn't know about the link, in fact I am sure they didn't initially, that doesn't however change the facts. It also doesn't explain why they still list them as someone they work with and why they are still working with them.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024