Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When does this easy run-in start then? 16:50 - Apr 2 with 499 viewsChrisd

Yet another struggle against a side languishing near the foot of the table. We might be in and around the top 6, but realistically we are so far away from it as a side.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

When does this easy run-in start then? on 16:53 - Apr 2 with 476 viewsJ2BLUE

The table doesn't lie. We deserve to be where we are. I have no doubt though that our players would find a way to bottle the play offs if we made it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

When does this easy run-in start then? on 16:56 - Apr 2 with 454 viewsChrisd

When does this easy run-in start then? on 16:53 - Apr 2 by J2BLUE

The table doesn't lie. We deserve to be where we are. I have no doubt though that our players would find a way to bottle the play offs if we made it.

Hopefully, 3 points today but every game is a struggle, regardless of the opposition, that's not a side making a promotion charge. We just appear to limp along and sadly lack any conviction or control in our play.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 17:33]

When does this easy run-in start then? on 17:10 - Apr 2 with 428 viewsChurchman

When does this easy run-in start then? on 16:53 - Apr 2 by J2BLUE

I’m pleased we got three points. It takes a little bit of pressure off the manager. We are a poor side. Mid table is a real achievement because basically we don’t have a team - and haven’t had one in years. Their lack of energy and engagement says everything about the players. No doubt some will say ‘Cook should motivate them’. How? With a whip and a chair? It’s a simple old cliche: you can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Just give Cook a chance to build a team. He can’t even begin to do so until the season ends and won’t be able to do so until Evans morphs into somebody who is interested or at least supports him sufficiently to put his side together.

Cook has done a good job everywhere he’s been and he will here in my view.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 17:11]
When does this easy run-in start then? on 17:24 - Apr 2 with 404 viewsRadlett_blue

While obviously Town can make the play offs, form remains abysmal & under Cook we have picked up 8 points from 7 games. I have seen no evidence of a turnaround under Cook with these players so we are unlikely to make the play offs & even less likely to win them. Unfortunately, Cook cannot say that.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

When does this easy run-in start then? on 17:33 - Apr 2 with 384 viewsChrisd

When does this easy run-in start then? on 17:10 - Apr 2 by Churchman

I’m pleased we got three points. It takes a little bit of pressure off the manager. We are a poor side. Mid table is a real achievement because basically we don’t have a team - and haven’t had one in years. Their lack of energy and engagement says everything about the players. No doubt some will say ‘Cook should motivate them’. How? With a whip and a chair? It’s a simple old cliche: you can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Just give Cook a chance to build a team. He can’t even begin to do so until the season ends and won’t be able to do so until Evans morphs into somebody who is interested or at least supports him sufficiently to put his side together.

Cook has done a good job everywhere he’s been and he will here in my view.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 17:11]

PC still has plenty of time from me Churchman and I'm certainly not questioning him at this early stage, but by God we are such a poor looking side. We're so close to the top 6 mathematically, but equally a chasm away from it as a side with promotion ambitions.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024