Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another YouGov survey so amateurishly constructed, hv to wonder at the validity 14:24 - Apr 6 with 622 viewsRyorry

of any. Latest one I completed just now was mainly on internet & digital comms used by household, included requesting specific address details & seemed purely commercial in intent, which to me, is unacceptable.

One of the questions was -

"What type of broadband connection do you currently use in your home? Do you use/ have....
Please choose an answer

A standard phone line connection
Fibre optic connection
Don't know"

There were no other options, so I had to click "don't know", otherwise I'd not have been able to complete the survey which I'd already spent 10 mins on. In fact my connection is via a line-of-sight mast on a Local Area Network, & I'm guessing others will be on a satellite dish. There had been previous questions about what speed people were getting on dial-up!!

There've been many other surveys I've completed previously which have been really poorly put together - the assumption that you're working, eg, no option for "retired" when they must surely know I'm over 65. Does make me question how accurate their political surveys are, esp re voting intentions.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Another YouGov survey so amateurishly constructed, hv to wonder at the validity on 18:42 - Apr 6 with 511 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They always have a comments box at the end but I don't think they ever read what is written in them.

I find it frustrating when they ask which union I am a member of and list all the major ones in alphabetical order apart from the one I am in. Not sure why it is put well away from alphabetical order. It always is. I have repeatedly commented on it but they leave it alone. Frequently questions are very ambiguous.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Another YouGov survey so amateurishly constructed, hv to wonder at the validity on 21:09 - Apr 6 with 465 viewsWD19

Their commercial surveys will largely be a product of what their paying clients want to ask.

Voting intention will be ‘their’ proprietary survey, whilst on other stuff then the paying client will likely get more or less what they want (within reason).

Presumably you are getting served their surveys because you have opted in to their panels. If they are as bad as you say then I would be tempted to just bin them off.
Another YouGov survey so amateurishly constructed, hv to wonder at the validity on 00:48 - Apr 7 with 406 viewsRyorry

Another YouGov survey so amateurishly constructed, hv to wonder at the validity on 21:09 - Apr 6 by WD19

Their commercial surveys will largely be a product of what their paying clients want to ask.

Voting intention will be ‘their’ proprietary survey, whilst on other stuff then the paying client will likely get more or less what they want (within reason).

Presumably you are getting served their surveys because you have opted in to their panels. If they are as bad as you say then I would be tempted to just bin them off.

I guess I stick with them 1. because I'd like the views that I have as a senior cit (Green, left of centre) to be represented. 2. Because the more I see YouGov cited as supposedly impeccably accurate surveys, the more I feel obliged to observe from within & report where I feel they're failing, despite the temptation to withdraw because of seeing how often they're flawed.

In reply to NthsuffolkBlue's post - I almost always post my views in the comments box, but as you say, doubt any notice is taken. Have said a couple of times now, there needs to be a technical 'escape' button so people can complete surveys without having to give false info (because otherwise, the time they've already spent on the survey is wasted). I do wonder how widespread it is that people take that route out, which would obviously falsify survey results. If Cotty's around, I'd be interested in his view.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 2:50]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024