Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking of old gentleman 18:11 - Apr 11 with 924 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

There is a 93 year old gentleman, still alive today who once turned down the opportunity to manage ITFC quoting 'we do not have enough potential'.
If he had accepted the position, the Sir Bobby years might never have happened.
Everything is done for a reason so they say....
Talking of old gentleman on 18:35 - Apr 11 with 823 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Talking of old gentleman on 18:41 - Apr 11 with 800 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Talking of old gentleman on 18:35 - Apr 11 by BryanPlug

Frank O'Farrell - he turned us down for Leicester I believe. The only other manger in the frame was Billy Bingham the Northern Ireland manager.
Only found out today that they are both still with us.
Talking of old gentleman on 19:06 - Apr 11 with 712 viewsChurchman

Talking of old gentleman on 18:41 - Apr 11 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Frank O'Farrell - he turned us down for Leicester I believe. The only other manger in the frame was Billy Bingham the Northern Ireland manager.
Only found out today that they are both still with us.

Wow, I thought Frank O’Farrell had gone years ago. Neither O’Farrell, Bingham or Bill McGarry, who left for Wolves for the same reason, ever scaled the heights, did they.

The big question is were the Cobbolds astute in appointing Bobby Robson or lucky? I’d say astute. They’d brought in Ramsey and it’s hard to believe luck would strike twice. I seem to remember reading that Dave Sexton played a part in recommending him, so maybe they just did their homework. I like to think so. I’d love to have met John and Patrick Cobbold.
Talking of old gentleman on 20:01 - Apr 11 with 632 viewsPendejo

Talking of old gentleman on 19:06 - Apr 11 by Churchman

Wow, I thought Frank O’Farrell had gone years ago. Neither O’Farrell, Bingham or Bill McGarry, who left for Wolves for the same reason, ever scaled the heights, did they.

The big question is were the Cobbolds astute in appointing Bobby Robson or lucky? I’d say astute. They’d brought in Ramsey and it’s hard to believe luck would strike twice. I seem to remember reading that Dave Sexton played a part in recommending him, so maybe they just did their homework. I like to think so. I’d love to have met John and Patrick Cobbold.

Patrick was often to be found in the Centre Spot at lunchtimes, my father and some of his colleagues occasionally drank there.

Mr. Patrick also once assisted in the search for a contact lens lost by a colleague of my father's. Getting down on hands and knees to check under a table. They didn't tell him person who lost the lens was a budgie fancier originally from Sheringham.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Talking of old gentleman on 20:21 - Apr 11 with 588 viewsBryanPlug

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Talking of old gentleman on 20:29 - Apr 11 with 569 viewsGipeswic

Talking of old gentleman on 20:21 - Apr 11 by BryanPlug

“... no manager can be judged in less than two years. I sincerely hope Bobby stays with us considerably longer than that.”

And that was way before transfer windows...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024