Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Let's have an extra, new, midweek international competition" 08:09 - Apr 19 with 608 viewsGuthrum

Rather gives the lie to top six Prem managers' whining guff about "fixture congestion", "tight schedules" and "player exhaustion".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

"Let's have an extra, new, midweek international competition" on 08:34 - Apr 19 with 533 viewsEdwardStone

You mean that it was only ever about the money????

Didn't ManU play a mid season mid-week exhibition match in Saudi a few years ago? I think they were complaining about exhaustion too
"Let's have an extra, new, midweek international competition" on 08:58 - Apr 19 with 491 viewsPassionNotAnger

There is a big difference between a manager moaning about that and the boardroom wanting more fixtures for income. The days of a manager influencing a clubs views on anything are long gone
"Let's have an extra, new, midweek international competition" on 09:03 - Apr 19 with 474 viewsDanTheMan

"Let's have an extra, new, midweek international competition" on 08:58 - Apr 19 by PassionNotAnger

There is a big difference between a manager moaning about that and the boardroom wanting more fixtures for income. The days of a manager influencing a clubs views on anything are long gone

I'm genuinely very interested to see how the managers react to this. I can't imagine they'll be happy and will somewhat be thrown under the bus having to deal with the questions.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

"Let's have an extra, new, midweek international competition" on 09:13 - Apr 19 with 452 viewsPassionNotAnger

"Let's have an extra, new, midweek international competition" on 09:03 - Apr 19 by DanTheMan

I'm genuinely very interested to see how the managers react to this. I can't imagine they'll be happy and will somewhat be thrown under the bus having to deal with the questions.

Agreed - was thinking the same to be honest. I'd guess that someone like Oli will just go with corporate stance, I think Pep isn't really worried about domestic football, I'd have a hunch that Klopp would be opposed to it though and could see him being more "honest"

As for Mourinho - god knows what that man thinks - he'll probably claim he invented the concept whilst suggesting it's an awful idea.
"Let's have an extra, new, midweek international competition" on 09:19 - Apr 19 with 432 viewsEdmundo

My impression from this is that FIFA, UeFA and the national associations have all said any team/player taking part in this will be expelled from the leagues and banned from international competition. So there'll only be 30 games a year for the poor souls to earn their 100k a week.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

"Let's have an extra, new, midweek international competition" on 09:36 - Apr 19 with 407 viewsPinewoodblue

They would still, presumably, be restricted by EPL to name a squad suppose they would end up with a weaker EPL team.

Still think it is a power play by the ‘big’ six to get control of EPL.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

"Let's have an extra, new, midweek international competition" on 09:37 - Apr 19 with 403 viewschicoazul

It’s going to be instead of the champions league and also, very likely at least one of the league cup and FA Cup.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024