Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Podcasts 20:45 - May 13 with 1189 viewsMillsTash

Can someone explain in simple terms what all these ITFC podcast “wars” are about? Some bloke online calling people rats? What is this all about?
Podcasts on 20:47 - May 13 with 1151 viewsgtsb1966

Steady on. I haven't got round to working out what Twitter is yet!!!!
Podcasts on 20:49 - May 13 with 1157 viewsitfcjoe

There aren't podcast wars, there are a number of podcasts who just get on with it generally - Blue Monday as a fans run one, Kings of Anglia as the EADT journos one, and We Follow The Town and the Naked Football Show which are also fan run. They generally co-exist and have no real rivalry.

There is a fan channel which calls itself a podcast called Talking Town, who seem to take the approach of calling out others at various times and generally being quite abrasive - every 'podcast war' has them at the front and centre of it.

I have listened when they have had guests on and the content is often decent, but they are more of a fan run show where guests can go on and interact with them through YouTube - they have a loyal following, but the community tends to build up an us vs them mentality, with literally everyone else.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Podcasts on 20:59 - May 13 with 1102 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

There are several different itfc podcasts of varying style and quality. They all promote themselves to some extent through twitter. As a fairly passive observer it seems that one podcast in particular (Talking Town) makes occasional statements about other podcasts and media, (today about the "exclusiveness" of the EADT story). So far as I can tell none of the others really say much about each other. This tends to result in fans of the other podcasts and media leaping in to defend them.

Interestingly this is how most YouTubers promote themselves and push up their hits, by creating "Beef" with other creators and using that to drive attention, clicks and increase their income stream. I'll leave it to others to decide whether this is Talking Town's intention or not.

For those that don't like them I'd suggest the best thing you can do is ignore them rather than getting upset and drawing attention to them. For those that do keep on listening/watching.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Podcasts on 21:04 - May 13 with 1034 viewsBeyriey

Podcasts on 20:59 - May 13 by Charlie_pl_baxter

There are several different itfc podcasts of varying style and quality. They all promote themselves to some extent through twitter. As a fairly passive observer it seems that one podcast in particular (Talking Town) makes occasional statements about other podcasts and media, (today about the "exclusiveness" of the EADT story). So far as I can tell none of the others really say much about each other. This tends to result in fans of the other podcasts and media leaping in to defend them.

Interestingly this is how most YouTubers promote themselves and push up their hits, by creating "Beef" with other creators and using that to drive attention, clicks and increase their income stream. I'll leave it to others to decide whether this is Talking Town's intention or not.

For those that don't like them I'd suggest the best thing you can do is ignore them rather than getting upset and drawing attention to them. For those that do keep on listening/watching.

Very well said!
Podcasts on 23:35 - May 13 with 822 viewsChrisd

Podcasts on 20:59 - May 13 by Charlie_pl_baxter

Exactly! 👍

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Podcasts on 08:03 - May 14 with 631 viewsyesjohn99

What’s the one with the ex Norwich fan?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024