Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was odd, I didn't thin you could be offside from a corner 21:08 - Jun 11 with 1177 viewsGeoffSentence

as per this

https://footballhandbook.com/can-you-be-offside-from-a-set-piece/

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That was odd, I didn't thin you could be offside from a corner on 21:14 - Jun 11 with 1151 viewsbluelagos

That reads to me as the problem was the player was off the pitch, which he was, then came back on to play the ball?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

That was odd, I didn't thin you could be offside from a corner on 21:23 - Jun 11 with 1117 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

That was odd, I didn't thin you could be offside from a corner on 21:14 - Jun 11 by bluelagos

That reads to me as the problem was the player was off the pitch, which he was, then came back on to play the ball?

Yep think that was it

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

That was odd, I didn't thin you could be offside from a corner on 23:26 - Jun 11 with 964 viewsZXBlue

That was odd, I didn't thin you could be offside from a corner on 21:23 - Jun 11 by You_Bloo_Right

Yep think that was it

Didnt see it but you cannot possibly be offside from a corner. Ball starts ont eh byeline so it is never a forward pass, regardless of the specific rule.
That was odd, I didn't thin you could be offside from a corner on 00:03 - Jun 12 with 925 viewsEpiphone

I always thought any situation where the ball had left the field of play,you couldn’t subsequently be offside I.e. corners,throw ins and goal kicks?
That was odd, I didn't thin you could be offside from a corner (n/t) on 07:47 - Jun 12 with 794 viewsGeoffSentence

That was odd, I didn't thin you could be offside from a corner on 23:26 - Jun 11 by ZXBlue

Didnt see it but you cannot possibly be offside from a corner. Ball starts ont eh byeline so it is never a forward pass, regardless of the specific rule.

Not quite. The ball starts in the corner triangle. In this case the corner was played from a little further up the pitch than the receiving player who was on the by-line, so had it been in open play he would have been offside.

The question is whether you can be offside directly from a corner, the answer is pretty emphatically - no. As such we are trying to work out why a free kick was given and the best we have at the moment is that the receiving player started off the pitch and moved on the pitch to receive it.

[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 7:52]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That was odd, I didn't thin you could be offside from a corner on 07:50 - Jun 12 with 788 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

That was odd, I didn't thin you could be offside from a corner on 00:03 - Jun 12 by Epiphone

I always thought any situation where the ball had left the field of play,you couldn’t subsequently be offside I.e. corners,throw ins and goal kicks?

The offside rule is clear (well, relatively clear in this instance) and you are right but my assumption was that the linesman flagged as Berardi had "deliberately" left the field of play and then returned to play an active role. Not offside but technically an offence?

Now that said if that was what the lino flagged for (he signalled offside though rather than another offence) then I think the laws say Berardi should have been booked.

I have given up now with this as it looks like a b*lls up by the officials whichever way you look at it. Thought the ref had an excellent game though and if that was his only mistake then you'd settle for that.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024