Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linked with Luca Murphy 16:02 - Jul 16 with 1447 viewsTomTheWriter

You never know the validity of these kind of accounts, but I'm not sure we should even be looking for a centre back like this.

You'd think that we want at least two more, one experience and one of a Woolfenden age but with league experience (Gibson). Surely looking at a player like this just stunts the growth of Ndaba and Baggott?

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Linked with Luca Murphy on 16:05 - Jul 16 with 1380 viewsSitfcB

Football league world is a load of shîte I think. Don’t think they’ve got anything right about us.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Linked with Luca Murphy on 16:14 - Jul 16 with 1262 viewsTomTheWriter

Linked with Luca Murphy on 16:05 - Jul 16 by SitfcB

Football league world is a load of shîte I think. Don’t think they’ve got anything right about us.

They look to be one of those that has about a 45-50% success rate. Probably will see him pop up near the top of League 2 or one of the newly promoted teams in L1

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Linked with Luca Murphy on 16:21 - Jul 16 with 1166 viewsFunge

Interesting point about Baggott. I'd hope he gets a go this year, but I could see him being loaned out, tbf. He must be one for the future.

Ndaba situation slightly different - he seems to be very much on the fringes - 21 years old, and only had half a season on loan at Ayr. I expect him out on loan too.
Linked with Luca Murphy on 16:26 - Jul 16 with 1105 viewsxrayspecs

Given the circumstance under which he left Hartlepool to join Fulham, I would be surprised if we are interested in him. Looks at though Fulham have washed their hands on him too.

Club Statement: Luca Murphy

The Club has issued the following statement regarding Luca Murphy's move to Fulham.

The Board of Hartlepool United wish to make it clear that, following the signing of Luca Murphy by Fulham FC, we will be vigorously pursuing the Premier League club for compensation in line with an amount agreed by the two clubs as a condition of the player visiting Fulham in January.

Mark Maguire, Chief Executive, explained: “We agreed a figure with Fulham in good faith in January and allowed Luca to travel to London to get to know the facilities with a view to signing.

“We were then given a list of reasons why the player wasn’t good enough to sign for them and they ended their interest.

“Subsequently, Luca’s behaviour deteriorated to the extent that it was no longer appropriate to have him around our Youth Team, but when he left us both he and his agent were made aware that we reserved our right to pursue compensation.

“It is a sad irony that less than a year after Fulham fans were amongst those contributing to a fund to help save Hartlepool United from oblivion, their club is acting in such a way to secure the services of a player in whom Hartlepool United has invested since he was nine-years-old.

“The behaviour of the player, his agent and Fulham FC leaves a lot to be desired, and that is an understatement. We have written to Fulham to explain our position and will now pursue compensation through the appropriate channels.

“Hartlepool United will continue to invest in Youth Development, which is at the heart of what we do, but we need the support of the football authorities to protect us against this kind of underhand behaviour.”

Chairman, Raj Singh, added: “As I suggested in my Programme notes on Saturday, we have been expecting something like this to happen and, frankly, it makes you strongly question the value of investment in youth if we are exposed to behaviour like this from clubs, players and agents.

“Hartlepool United nurtured this lad from nine-years-old and it is pretty clear that he has been encouraged to behave in a manner which orchestrates this move.

“Whether that is to save a few thousand pounds for a club earning over £100 million, or to earn an agent a fee, we will probably never know.

“What I do know is that we will protect ourselves and, whilst we won’t give up on Youth Development, we will make sure we know who we are dealing with and who represents them.

“It will also unfortunately mean that we will never again trust a club with the courtesy we showed to Fulham and we hope that we will be protected by The FA in this regard.”

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2019/march/290319-hartlepool-united-stat
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024