Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile on another planet 10:47 - Sep 15 with 714 viewsPendejo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58563242

Racist trousers!

'Feels racist'

TikTok user Mr200m saw Balenciaga's sweatpants on sale in London and posted a video in which someone is heard saying: "This feels very racist... They have woven the boxers inside the trousers."

Because I'm evidently extremely thick, how is this racist?

First world problems... Over and over a grand for a pair of jogging bottoms that Mike Ashley punts out for £9.99
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 11:07]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Meanwhile on another planet on 10:55 - Sep 15 with 682 viewsGuthrum

It's all this rubbish about "cultural appropriation". Virtually all culture is appropriated from somewhere else - and always has been. Humanity does that kind of thing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Meanwhile on another planet on 11:11 - Sep 15 with 628 viewsPendejo

Meanwhile on another planet on 10:55 - Sep 15 by Guthrum

It's all this rubbish about "cultural appropriation". Virtually all culture is appropriated from somewhere else - and always has been. Humanity does that kind of thing.

I understand the use of the useless term cultural appropriation, but how is it racist?

The only thing I can think of that's remotely racist it's the price and "Emporer's new clothes" give taking the push out of stupid rich people.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Meanwhile on another planet on 11:14 - Sep 15 with 623 viewsSwansea_Blue

Meanwhile on another planet on 11:11 - Sep 15 by Pendejo

I understand the use of the useless term cultural appropriation, but how is it racist?

The only thing I can think of that's remotely racist it's the price and "Emporer's new clothes" give taking the push out of stupid rich people.

I don't think it is. Plenty of white kids go around with their arses hanging out, so this 'look' could have been copied from anywhere and marketed to anyone.

it just seems a good example of the pointlessness of much of social media.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Meanwhile on another planet on 11:20 - Sep 15 with 611 viewsGuthrum

Meanwhile on another planet on 11:11 - Sep 15 by Pendejo

Cultural appropriation is often conflated with racism, which it isn't as CA is adopting someone else's style, not mocking or belittling it.

Even the price isn't really, given the rappers who first popularised this fashion are all about conspicuous consumption and clothing labels.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Meanwhile on another planet on 17:13 - Sep 15 with 495 viewsfactual_blue

Meanwhile on another planet on 10:55 - Sep 15 by Guthrum

Give Portugal back their deep-fried fish.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Meanwhile on another planet on 17:43 - Sep 15 with 467 viewsjaykay

we know its not racists. i expect some market guru, thought i know how we can get some free publicity

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Meanwhile on another planet on 19:13 - Sep 15 with 419 viewsBluedicea

I get asked many times a day to support stupid things like this and mostly it's about trying to stoke the fires and money.

The most ridiculous I had recently was a request to join a petition against 'Adele' (I think she's a fantastic artist) as she is complicit in appropriating the music of Black origins and taking away millions of dollars that would otherwise go to Black artists, who the music belongs to culturally.
As a black person I understand the frustration at society as it is, but a lot of the time it's more about somebody's agenda(usually money is involved somewhere) and trying to make white folks feel guilty than it is about an actual issue. I personally find this sort of stuff does more damage to the cause than it helps.

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024