Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Need to play like tonight every game 23:25 - Oct 19 with 519 viewsChocorange

After Fleetwood our next 5 games are against 5 of the current top 8
Need to play like tonight every game on 07:10 - Oct 20 with 355 viewsVic

And for that reason they will be season defining. I keep saying to myself ‘let’s see where we are at at the end of august’ then, ‘ok, let’s see where we are at the end of September’, but this next few games really does feel like a major check point.

Thankfully we are going into them with improved performances and if we can play anything at all like we did last night I’m hopeful that we’ll come out the other side higher in the league than we are now.

It wasn’t just the result last night, but also the fact that we played well for pretty much the whole 90 mins which we haven’t done in any game so far.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Need to play like tonight every game on 08:44 - Oct 20 with 250 viewsChurchman

Need to play like tonight every game on 07:10 - Oct 20 by Vic

And for that reason they will be season defining. I keep saying to myself ‘let’s see where we are at at the end of august’ then, ‘ok, let’s see where we are at the end of September’, but this next few games really does feel like a major check point.

Thankfully we are going into them with improved performances and if we can play anything at all like we did last night I’m hopeful that we’ll come out the other side higher in the league than we are now.

It wasn’t just the result last night, but also the fact that we played well for pretty much the whole 90 mins which we haven’t done in any game so far.

Agree with this. I think that had we had even a reasonable start to the season, there would be less pressure on the games coming up. It all feels a bit ‘last chance saloon’ to me but there it is, we are where we are.

The fact that we put together a 90 minute performance like that at not the easiest place in the world to play is a really good sign and as has been pointed out elsewhere, it may be that we will play better against the better sides. Odd, but that is sometimes the case.

First things first, let’s see if we can back up last night with a win Saturday!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024