Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
13 years experience coaching top international players 16:22 - Dec 20 with 437 viewsNthsuffolkblue

and yet still only 35.

Yes, he does lack actual management experience but he must recognise the need to have good advice around him and he has worked closely with Mourinho and other top managers. I am excited by this appointment. The most excited I have been since we appointed Cook ... oh well.

Welcome to ITFC Kieron and we all want you to succeed (I trust that even includes the most ardent Cook fans and those who have already stridently stated that he will fail).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

13 years experience coaching top international players on 16:54 - Dec 20 with 363 viewsBluearmy71

Not saying there are any monstrously big ego's in our squad but when you think of some ego's that KM has seen kept in check and indeed having to keep some in check himself (the like of Pogba spring to mind) then you know when it come to man management he'll have something about him, that's such a good aspect for a manager to have.

His 13 years of coaching have probably given him more experience than a lot of lower league managers will ever get in their whole careers, he has worked with some of the best managers in the world over the last 13 years, not everyone can boast such a thing on their CV more so a 35 year old.

Can't wait till he gets started, good luck KM
13 years experience coaching top international players on 17:52 - Dec 20 with 321 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep. A lot of football knowledge there. He's said more in that interview (and I'm only half way through - it's on in the background) that's resonated with me than I've heard from any of our recent managers.

This guy has watched and learnt from some of the best. He strikes me as someone grounded enough to take those experiences on board, rather than bang on about how he once played for a certain big club.

He's not outwardly the most dynamic communicator, although I think nerves were an issue at the start of that interview. He warmed up fairly well, can talk at length about the game and seems clear on what he wants. Focus on the process not just the outcome, build solid foundations, etc. It's what we need to do.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

13 years experience coaching top international players on 17:57 - Dec 20 with 307 viewsDurovigutum

It's an interesting conversation.

In most jobs the higher up the ladder you go the broader your knowledge needs to be on subjects outside of your field. So, for example, if you are an IT director then you need to be well versed in switching it off and on again, but also about how finance and budgets work, about elements of HR law, about aspects of marketing and so on.

Football has not embraced that model, instead the old school "general football manager" has been replaced by people fulfilling those other tasks and instead leaving a head coach. We are doing that for the first time, so success will be dictated by the coaching and team selection ability of the head coach and his team, not his ability to deal with mealtime logistics or player/agent negotiations. We need good people to deal with those other aspects however, so the coach doesn't get distracted.

If I'm recruiting a rock star software developer then I want someone with 15 years coding experience, not five years helpdesk then five years on servers then five years coding. We are getting someone with as much coaching experience as a general manager with twice his experience - in the region of Colin or Woy. This makes me happy, as I suspect he knows what he is doing - that he can't tell me about GDPR or what do so with accruals is irrelevant for our new shape.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024