Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium MK 18:58 - Feb 12 with 1492 viewsnasblue

Anyone know who it’s so bloomin massive? Was it funded by government as some sort of national asset (for rugby WC etc.) because surely the football club didn’t expect to fill it?

Must be so depressing never having got to the upper tier of your own stadium.

P.S. I slightly pity the MK fans - they didn’t choose to steal the club from Wimbledon.
Stadium MK on 19:10 - Feb 12 with 1401 viewsMattinLondon

It takes some time to build up a fan base, at least a couple of generations, so maybe the stadium was built with the next twenty years plus in mind. Milton Keynes has a population of 230,000 and so with some history behind it the club should average around 15-20k.
Stadium MK on 19:19 - Feb 12 with 1350 viewsRadlett_blue

The aim of the stadium was to attract a football league club, but the real money was to come from adjacent retail development from the likes of ASDA, which didn't happen so I'm not sure Winkelman will have made much out of it. Even if MK got to the Championship, I don't think they'd attract more than 12,000 or so. Football has changed & locals are far more likely to be armchair fans of the big boys than support MK, a club with no history. It's a good stadium, but something of a white elephant.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Stadium MK on 23:35 - Feb 12 with 927 viewsronnyd

Wasn't it going to be used for World cup/Euro,s if we ever get awarded them again?
Stadium MK on 23:37 - Feb 12 with 915 viewsTresBonne

Stadium MK on 19:10 - Feb 12 by MattinLondon

It takes some time to build up a fan base, at least a couple of generations, so maybe the stadium was built with the next twenty years plus in mind. Milton Keynes has a population of 230,000 and so with some history behind it the club should average around 15-20k.

Their fan base is growing to be fair to them. Starting to get a good following of younger fans 13-20 odd going to their away games from what I’ve seen on twitter. If they go up again it’ll help them.
Stadium MK on 23:55 - Feb 12 with 850 viewsbournemouthblue

Stadium MK on 23:35 - Feb 12 by ronnyd

Wasn't it going to be used for World cup/Euro,s if we ever get awarded them again?

During the World Cup 2018 bid there was some ridiculous scenario where stadiums needed to be a minimum of 45k so it could have been expanded further

I believe the likes of Plymouth and Reading were considering expansion to 45k for this very purpose

Absolute madness for clubs of that stature

I've no doubt if Ipswich or Norwich had any hunger to host games, they'd have probably won their bids but we're probably realistic on the expansion costs

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024