Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road 15:57 - Mar 9 with 1079 viewsBobbychase

..since the 2001-02 redevelopments.

I'm not 100% convinced I buy it. I can remember quite a few times the place was deafening.

The issue is partly the songs. All credit to Blue Action for coming up with some innovative new ones but my fear is only the simple ones will get picked up. And people keep falling back on Hark Now Here/Every Saturday We Follow.

However, Burns will tear you apart again is fine, and should get sung more. It's a tune everyone knows and he is actually tearing defences apart.

You to me are everything, our very own Egyptian King, Sam Morsy - also fine. The club account even tweeted it. Then everyone started trying to change the words and come up with a second verse. It doesn't need one, just repeat.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road on 16:10 - Mar 9 with 1010 viewsTractorCam

If we're going off songs by club tweet, then Burns Baby Burns is the correct one. They've tweeted that twice now, rather than the generic 'tear you apart' which has probably been sung everywhere.

Also Blue Action started the Allez one. Agree regarding atmosphere, it's not as bad as being made out, certainly better than many other home crowds.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road on 16:18 - Mar 9 with 975 viewsSamWhiteUK

I think the atmosphere was flat yesterday because it was filled with people who went because the tickets were cheap, rather than because they have a real interest in the team.

I sit in west stand upper, and I will usually sing along, but when you can tell that no-one around you is going to, you feel a right tit singing on your own, so I didn't.
This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road on 17:19 - Mar 9 with 848 viewsDinDjarin

This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road on 16:18 - Mar 9 by SamWhiteUK

I think the atmosphere was flat yesterday because it was filled with people who went because the tickets were cheap, rather than because they have a real interest in the team.

I sit in west stand upper, and I will usually sing along, but when you can tell that no-one around you is going to, you feel a right tit singing on your own, so I didn't.

Not enough time to get 6 pints down your throat for a mid week match.
This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road on 17:28 - Mar 9 with 825 viewsGiant_Midget

This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road on 16:10 - Mar 9 by TractorCam

If we're going off songs by club tweet, then Burns Baby Burns is the correct one. They've tweeted that twice now, rather than the generic 'tear you apart' which has probably been sung everywhere.

Also Blue Action started the Allez one. Agree regarding atmosphere, it's not as bad as being made out, certainly better than many other home crowds.

I really don't understand how Burns baby Burns hasn't caught on.
This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road on 17:58 - Mar 9 with 776 viewsSamWhiteUK

This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road on 17:19 - Mar 9 by DinDjarin

Not enough time to get 6 pints down your throat for a mid week match.

Not with that attitude.
This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road on 18:52 - Mar 9 with 674 viewsMattinLondon

At the moment I think that most fans are a tad nervous and so the atmosphere isn’t as joyous as it could well be.

But is it really that bad? I’ve been to Sheff W a couple of times, Villa Park and other grounds that have a reputation for being loud and intimidating but all those grounds were flat and uninspiring.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 18:52]
This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road on 19:04 - Mar 9 with 643 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think it’s really quite simple. To generate an atmosphere you tend to need a combination of one of these 3 things:

1. A game that’s above the norm, so either their’s something at stake or the opposition is a relatively larger club or a derby rival.
2. A reasonably full ground (not essential as away enclaves often prove), but important if at home
3. An energetic, positive display from the team

If none of those, frankly 90% of the ground wouldn’t give a crap and would be chatting to their neighbour about what they did in the week and then just wake up for any big moments.

If we get a PO semifinal you’ll see a very different FPR. Otherwise large parts of the ground aren’t going to be rocking regularly in L1.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road on 19:25 - Mar 9 with 582 viewsReuser_is_God

This idea it's nor possible to generate a decent atmosphere at Portman Road on 17:28 - Mar 9 by Giant_Midget

I really don't understand how Burns baby Burns hasn't caught on.

I’ve never heard anyone sing it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024