Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Said it after he destroyed our defence last season, got shot down but I think 06:28 - May 14 with 859 viewsLion

That we should sign Cole Stockton. We need a div 1 type sstriker to get out of this league. Strong as an ox, would score 20 plus for us, he scored some cracking goals for an average morcambe side.

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Said it after he destroyed our defence last season, got shot down but I think on 06:56 - May 14 with 784 viewsEly_Blue

I give you 1 counter argument to that………….. introducing Mr Joe Piggott, that went well didn’t it after he banged in 20+ goals in a poor AFC Wimbledon team!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Said it after he destroyed our defence last season, got shot down but I think on 07:12 - May 14 with 758 viewsLion

Said it after he destroyed our defence last season, got shot down but I think on 06:56 - May 14 by Ely_Blue

I give you 1 counter argument to that………….. introducing Mr Joe Piggott, that went well didn’t it after he banged in 20+ goals in a poor AFC Wimbledon team!

I absolutely hear you but its not just because of the goals he scored , its the fact that physically he's a beast too, he can really mix it but a better technical player than many give him credit for. I do think we need a striker of this sort to compliment burns, Jackson, Celina, etc

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Said it after he destroyed our defence last season, got shot down but I think on 07:23 - May 14 with 736 viewswkj

Said it after he destroyed our defence last season, got shot down but I think on 06:56 - May 14 by Ely_Blue

Just because it could happen, doesn't mean that it will. I would like to think the Pigott is the exception to the rule. Yes, strikers can have green patches and good seasons, but to go from 20+ to just 2 is far from predictable.

Making a comparison to Joe Pigott also raises the question of - if you can't go on previous goals scored, how do we evaluate any potential striker?

FWIW - I don't think Cole Stockton is the answer for ITFC, I would sooner go for someone like Ryan Hardie of Plymouth. He's not had a 20+ season, but he's consistently scored goals since 2018, coming close to 20 this season. He's only 25, 6ft 1 and could well be exactly what we need - however, there are a lot of eyes on him at the moment and we'd need to fight to sign him.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Said it after he destroyed our defence last season, got shot down but I think on 08:05 - May 14 with 673 viewscressi

Said it after he destroyed our defence last season, got shot down but I think on 07:23 - May 14 by wkj

Just because it could happen, doesn't mean that it will. I would like to think the Pigott is the exception to the rule. Yes, strikers can have green patches and good seasons, but to go from 20+ to just 2 is far from predictable.

Making a comparison to Joe Pigott also raises the question of - if you can't go on previous goals scored, how do we evaluate any potential striker?

FWIW - I don't think Cole Stockton is the answer for ITFC, I would sooner go for someone like Ryan Hardie of Plymouth. He's not had a 20+ season, but he's consistently scored goals since 2018, coming close to 20 this season. He's only 25, 6ft 1 and could well be exactly what we need - however, there are a lot of eyes on him at the moment and we'd need to fight to sign him.

Looking at stats Hardie
Has done very well since around 2016 when he would have been a young lad. Also played for Scotland at the younger age groups as you say was 25 in March so a good age may well be worth looking at
Said it after he destroyed our defence last season, got shot down but I think on 08:28 - May 14 with 634 viewswkj

Said it after he destroyed our defence last season, got shot down but I think on 08:05 - May 14 by cressi

Looking at stats Hardie
Has done very well since around 2016 when he would have been a young lad. Also played for Scotland at the younger age groups as you say was 25 in March so a good age may well be worth looking at

PNE are said to want him, former manager being at Plymouth and all. He would be a hard signing to get if we went in for him, but if I was the gaffa, he'd be my #1 striker pick (from L1)

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Said it after he destroyed our defence last season, got shot down but I think on 09:00 - May 14 with 578 viewsBloomBlue

Trouble is Morecambe play a lot of long direct football which suits Stockton's style and I don't see KM playing that style.
That was Pigott's problem the team didn't play his preferred style.
Now if you're talking about Stockton on the bench and only bring him on if the style needs to be changed (plan B) then maybe an option.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024