Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On Putin’s health 19:56 - May 12 with 6324 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

On Putin’s health on 20:14 - May 12 with 3617 viewsSwansea_Blue

He looks incredibly sick. I’m not sure it’s possible to fake to bloating, even if it’s not cancer and something else. I’d certainly be worried for a friend who’d changed so quickly. Might explain why he’s pushing to reform the Russian empire before he runs out of time!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

On Putin’s health on 20:20 - May 12 with 3576 viewsChurchman

He’s 70 years old and looks ok to me. Propaganda and wishful thinking is my bet, but since I don’t gamble, fingers crossed the murdering ****** is at deaths door.

Like that beast Reinhard Heydrich in 1942, I hope it’s an excruciating one.
On Putin’s health on 20:27 - May 12 with 3518 viewsSteve_M

On Putin’s health on 20:14 - May 12 by Swansea_Blue

He looks incredibly sick. I’m not sure it’s possible to fake to bloating, even if it’s not cancer and something else. I’d certainly be worried for a friend who’d changed so quickly. Might explain why he’s pushing to reform the Russian empire before he runs out of time!

The footage of him in the Navalny film was telling i thought, a marked change from January last year to now.

Highly sceptical that whatever he has may be fatal in the short run but he’s not looking a well man.
[Post edited 12 May 2022 20:55]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

On Putin’s health on 20:34 - May 12 with 3464 viewsBlueBadger

I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed.
[Post edited 12 May 2022 20:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

On Putin’s health on 20:46 - May 12 with 3358 viewsLord_Lucan

On Putin’s health on 20:20 - May 12 by Churchman

He’s 70 years old and looks ok to me. Propaganda and wishful thinking is my bet, but since I don’t gamble, fingers crossed the murdering ****** is at deaths door.

Like that beast Reinhard Heydrich in 1942, I hope it’s an excruciating one.

To be fair Churchy he does look a bit odd and also you would think that he would be going full Hitler type speeches if he was at the top of his game.

I reckon he's a sick man but how long he's got I don't know - almost definitely enough time to kill the planet - and I can almost guarantee it will be a case of "Meet the new Boss" when he goes.

I remember when I was a teenager and people took nuclear destruction very seriously. The prospect of nuclear destruction is far greater at this present time but few people are batting an eyelid.

Most strange

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

On Putin’s health on 20:48 - May 12 with 3312 viewsjeera

On Putin’s health on 20:34 - May 12 by BlueBadger

I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed.
[Post edited 12 May 2022 20:38]

You beat me, (and by default Facters), to it!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

On Putin’s health on 20:53 - May 12 with 3264 viewsjeera

On Putin’s health on 20:46 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

To be fair Churchy he does look a bit odd and also you would think that he would be going full Hitler type speeches if he was at the top of his game.

I reckon he's a sick man but how long he's got I don't know - almost definitely enough time to kill the planet - and I can almost guarantee it will be a case of "Meet the new Boss" when he goes.

I remember when I was a teenager and people took nuclear destruction very seriously. The prospect of nuclear destruction is far greater at this present time but few people are batting an eyelid.

Most strange

It is a bit strange but I suppose people have got used to living in non-threatening times. Or rather more used to a terrorist based threat than an internationally staged military one.

Bit of conditioning or whatever.

The other thing of course is now people are a little more clued up in other ways they don't flood our screens with public information films telling us to close the curtains to keep out a nuclear blast as they did back then.

That and there would possibly be panic on the streets if they did try to warn us.

On Putin’s health on 20:53 - May 12 with 3257 viewsgtsb1966

Most strange

When I was a teenager, and we are the same age, the Reagan/ Breshnev era scared the s**t out of me. The Two Tribes video didn't help either. Today is the first time since then that I've been apprehensive again.
Login to get fewer ads

On Putin’s health on 21:09 - May 12 with 3174 viewsLord_Lucan

On Putin’s health on 20:53 - May 12 by gtsb1966

When I was a teenager, and we are the same age, the Reagan/ Breshnev era scared the s**t out of me. The Two Tribes video didn't help either. Today is the first time since then that I've been apprehensive again.

I think I'd got over the nuclear threat by then. For me, back in the day, I was more worried about dying a virgin, thankfully by Two Tribes I was a few years in to all that messy business.

Nowadays I just worry about the grandkids. Seriously, it's really affecting me a bit. The other day I was wondering if I would have to kill my whole family out of kindness should we get struck.

I'm a bit surprised that no one is really taking the problem on board. At the risk of repeating myself (not that anyone listens) I care zilch about myself, I've had a ball. But I'm terrified for the youngsters - and I can't see the world getting any safer.

Ultimately we're all screwed aren't we?

I can't see mankind living another 200 year - especially as Reagans intergalactic space missile mission was all a bluff.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

On Putin’s health on 21:24 - May 12 with 3073 viewsChurchman

Most strange

You may be right, Lucan. There is a touch of the hamsters about him and his complexion is waxey. I’m just aware of hopeful propaganda.

Yes the threat was there when I was growing up, all the way to the collapse of the USSR. The threat is still there, but I don’t honestly think it’s greater than those days. The same nut jobs are still out there. In the 1950s, Curtis Le May, head of Strategic Air Command, declared that if armageddon comes and there’s one American left, they would have won. It doesn’t get madder than that.

Putin has family. That alone will stop him, let alone the people surrounding him. It certainly is strange though and maybe my optimism is blind and totally misplaced.
On Putin’s health on 21:35 - May 12 with 3003 viewsLord_Lucan

On Putin’s health on 21:24 - May 12 by Churchman

You may be right, Lucan. There is a touch of the hamsters about him and his complexion is waxey. I’m just aware of hopeful propaganda.

Yes the threat was there when I was growing up, all the way to the collapse of the USSR. The threat is still there, but I don’t honestly think it’s greater than those days. The same nut jobs are still out there. In the 1950s, Curtis Le May, head of Strategic Air Command, declared that if armageddon comes and there’s one American left, they would have won. It doesn’t get madder than that.

Putin has family. That alone will stop him, let alone the people surrounding him. It certainly is strange though and maybe my optimism is blind and totally misplaced.

Sorry Churchy, as much as I think you are ITK, I'm not in full agreement.

I wonder whether Putin cares a jot for his family, I am starting to think he is a full on nutter.

Also - the weapons back then to now were small fry - definite info.

On Putin’s health on 21:38 - May 12 with 2973 viewsNthQldITFC

On Putin’s health on 21:09 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

I think I'd got over the nuclear threat by then. For me, back in the day, I was more worried about dying a virgin, thankfully by Two Tribes I was a few years in to all that messy business.

Nowadays I just worry about the grandkids. Seriously, it's really affecting me a bit. The other day I was wondering if I would have to kill my whole family out of kindness should we get struck.

I'm a bit surprised that no one is really taking the problem on board. At the risk of repeating myself (not that anyone listens) I care zilch about myself, I've had a ball. But I'm terrified for the youngsters - and I can't see the world getting any safer.

Ultimately we're all screwed aren't we?

I can't see mankind living another 200 year - especially as Reagans intergalactic space missile mission was all a bluff.

I just hope we leave behind us a functioning planet of some kind and a species or two who aren't inherently self-destructive, and hope they can make a go of it.

I know it's unpalatable to say it, but from an objective standpoint, as far as life as a whole goes it would probably be best if we wiped ourselves out or left a very few humans to rebuild, armed with the knowledge of what happens when you are somehow blinded by dogma and ego to the obvious consequences of trying to run an expansionist system on a finite planet.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

On Putin’s health on 21:41 - May 12 with 2982 viewsElderGrizzly

He is ill. All the intelligence across the globe points to it not being a ‘ruse’.

The danger is, he is literally dying and won’t care who he takes with him. His family are already in probably the safest place for them in Switzerland.

Those under him are known to be more reasonable, but are currently acting up to continue to remain close.
[Post edited 12 May 2022 21:43]
On Putin’s health on 21:45 - May 12 with 2921 viewsNthQldITFC

On Putin’s health on 20:53 - May 12 by gtsb1966

This means (almost) nothing to me:

Oh!...

EDIT: just realised I was thinking about the wrong Ultravox song!
[Post edited 12 May 2022 22:00]

On Putin’s health on 21:46 - May 12 with 2920 viewsjeera

On Putin’s health on 21:38 - May 12 by NthQldITFC

I just hope we leave behind us a functioning planet of some kind and a species or two who aren't inherently self-destructive, and hope they can make a go of it.

I know it's unpalatable to say it, but from an objective standpoint, as far as life as a whole goes it would probably be best if we wiped ourselves out or left a very few humans to rebuild, armed with the knowledge of what happens when you are somehow blinded by dogma and ego to the obvious consequences of trying to run an expansionist system on a finite planet.

It wouldn't make any difference.

Humans would rebuild eventually and the same type would rise to the top by default.

The idea that we as a species would learn by our mistakes ignores that we have repeatedly failed to do so to date.

My point being, is that the nicer types weren't/aren't a threat in the first place and never will be, but the madder, twisted sorts will always return and want the same elements of power leading to the same old cycles...

The really warped sorts would probably reinvent things like Battenberg. The intent to inflict pain and misery will always resurface.

On Putin’s health on 21:47 - May 12 with 2914 viewsCaptainAhab

On Putin’s health on 21:38 - May 12 by NthQldITFC

I clicked on this thread thinking I might cheer myself up with a nice story about Putin's impending painful death, and now, here I am contemplating imminent Armageddon and the end of the human race. Cheers fellas!
On Putin’s health on 21:52 - May 12 with 2870 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

On Putin’s health on 21:47 - May 12 by CaptainAhab

I clicked on this thread thinking I might cheer myself up with a nice story about Putin's impending painful death, and now, here I am contemplating imminent Armageddon and the end of the human race. Cheers fellas!

Should we go on a massive shag fest in view of the imminent Armageddon?

Asking for a friend.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

On Putin’s health on 21:53 - May 12 with 2863 viewsNthQldITFC

On Putin’s health on 21:47 - May 12 by CaptainAhab

If only you'd left the bloody whales alone, they might be running a benevolent planet on behalf of us all by now.

On Putin’s health on 21:54 - May 12 with 2844 viewsNthQldITFC

On Putin’s health on 21:46 - May 12 by jeera

Humans would rebuild eventually and the same type would rise to the top by default.

The idea that we as a species would learn by our mistakes ignores that we have repeatedly failed to do so to date.

My point being, is that the nicer types weren't/aren't a threat in the first place and never will be, but the madder, twisted sorts will always return and want the same elements of power leading to the same old cycles...

The really warped sorts would probably reinvent things like Battenberg. The intent to inflict pain and misery will always resurface.

I believe the expression is 'I make you right'.

On Putin’s health on 21:56 - May 12 with 2834 viewsChurchman

On Putin’s health on 21:35 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry Churchy, as much as I think you are ITK, I'm not in full agreement.

I wonder whether Putin cares a jot for his family, I am starting to think he is a full on nutter.

Also - the weapons back then to now were small fry - definite info.

Not by the 60s/70s/80s they weren’t Lucan. The US stockpile was 30k in the mid sixties and the Russians reached that by the 1980s. MAD well and truly achieved many times over. Sickening and makes me feel ill to think about it.

The option is so bad I cannot see it happening - but maybe that’s me embracing blind optimism.

I hope you are wrong about Putin, but again, you may be right. If he even thinks about it, I hope somebody in the Russian military is brave enough to stop him.
On Putin’s health on 22:05 - May 12 with 2764 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

On Putin’s health on 21:41 - May 12 by ElderGrizzly

He is ill. All the intelligence across the globe points to it not being a ‘ruse’.

The danger is, he is literally dying and won’t care who he takes with him. His family are already in probably the safest place for them in Switzerland.

Those under him are known to be more reasonable, but are currently acting up to continue to remain close.
[Post edited 12 May 2022 21:43]

Lolz, is this what you all tell yourselves down there to make yourselves feel important?
Ps...do some important people at the BofE need some helpful info from some plebs on accurately predicting inflation.
Emperors with no clothes the lot of you!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

On Putin’s health on 22:07 - May 12 with 2728 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

On Putin’s health on 21:46 - May 12 by jeera

The secret is to stop voting them in to power.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

On Putin’s health on 22:09 - May 12 with 2709 viewsVic

Looks to me like he’s got make up on.

Hope he’s gone soon.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

On Putin’s health on 22:11 - May 12 with 2692 viewsLord_Lucan

On Putin’s health on 22:05 - May 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Lolz, is this what you all tell yourselves down there to make yourselves feel important?
Ps...do some important people at the BofE need some helpful info from some plebs on accurately predicting inflation.

Legends in their own headspace!

On Putin’s health on 22:12 - May 12 with 2689 viewsElderGrizzly

On Putin’s health on 22:05 - May 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

He purged 12 senior members of the military in the last 10 days. Over 40 so far in the war.

Anyone who isn’t following religiously has gone, which creates a growing number who will work against him.

So, Lolz indeed.

Nothing to do with feeling important, more just trying to understand what is going on.

A rather weird post even for you BDS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024