Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I follow & Town TV 09:58 - May 31 with 983 viewsearlsgreenblue

What’s the hives collective update on “Town TV” can’t wait to see the back of I follow, is our own service being rolled out anytime soon, & will it be home games only & ifollow for away games?
Jeez I hope not, I know ifollow is good value, but only if it works……….
I follow & Town TV on 10:06 - May 31 with 945 viewsSTYG

I would absolutely love it if Rob Chandler was involved somehow. Whether he'd accept or just want to stick to Greatest Hits radio and being a fan now though only he can answer.

I've seen him do a few on camera pieces and he's been excellent as well. I assume we will be looking more at the converting a Matt Holland type though, although seem to recall he wasn't a natural when he first appeared in that role a long time ago.

Who would we want involved then? Benty is always decent. Same with Ambrose. Brazil would never be considered and rightly so these days.
I follow & Town TV on 10:18 - May 31 with 912 viewsPhilTWTD

Club has another year with iFollow but they're going to use their own commentators next season.
I follow & Town TV on 10:20 - May 31 with 900 viewswkj

I am really going to miss seing Jimmy Bullard talk nonsense about Papa John's salt discs.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I follow & Town TV on 12:54 - May 31 with 750 viewsMark

I would prefer independent commentators who are free to speak honestly if things are going badly.
I follow & Town TV on 13:19 - May 31 with 709 viewsSTYG

I follow & Town TV on 12:54 - May 31 by Mark

I would prefer independent commentators who are free to speak honestly if things are going badly.

That's what many suggest Brenner is and look how much stick he gets!
I follow & Town TV on 13:27 - May 31 with 694 viewswkj

I follow & Town TV on 13:19 - May 31 by STYG

That's what many suggest Brenner is and look how much stick he gets!

Brenner gets stick for the opposite, sounding too animated when things go badly. I get that he tries to commentate as close to a neutral broadcast as possible, but sometimes you just don't want to hear someone sounding excited about an opponent scoring.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 13:31]

Crybaby

I follow & Town TV on 13:36 - May 31 with 673 viewsSTYG

I follow & Town TV on 13:27 - May 31 by wkj

Brenner gets stick for the opposite, sounding too animated when things go badly. I get that he tries to commentate as close to a neutral broadcast as possible, but sometimes you just don't want to hear someone sounding excited about an opponent scoring.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 13:31]

If you took five random bits of commentary from our goals and those of the opposition then there is an incredible difference in tone, excitement, language.

Never bought into the whole bit that he has to sound like there's been a death when we have conceded. Yes, he's excitable but always in an 'oh no Town. What have you done' way rather than the 'Get in there Fleetwood you little beauties' way that others seem to suggest.
I follow & Town TV on 13:45 - May 31 with 664 viewswkj

I follow & Town TV on 13:36 - May 31 by STYG

If you took five random bits of commentary from our goals and those of the opposition then there is an incredible difference in tone, excitement, language.

Never bought into the whole bit that he has to sound like there's been a death when we have conceded. Yes, he's excitable but always in an 'oh no Town. What have you done' way rather than the 'Get in there Fleetwood you little beauties' way that others seem to suggest.

The perfect contrast is Rob Chandler who used to do the PA at PR. Monotone and informative when they score, animated and lively when we score. FWIW I think Brenner is a good commentator and would have been quite at home calling neutral matches. I use past tense as over the last few seasons he's started doing something very irritating. I am not sure if he talks to the point he's running out of breath but he occasionally starts sounding like he's trying to hold in a burp or has some bad indigestion - which really sets me on edge a bit.

in short: I don't hate Brenner, he's fairly skilled - but I will be very happy to hear a different take on commentary in coming seasons.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 13:46]

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

I follow & Town TV on 14:14 - May 31 with 615 viewsBondiBlue

I follow & Town TV on 10:18 - May 31 by PhilTWTD

Club has another year with iFollow but they're going to use their own commentators next season.

I've missed this story. Do you know if Town TV will let us foreign types continue to watch all the games?

Poll: Which would you accept?

I follow & Town TV on 14:16 - May 31 with 613 views2-5-7

I follow & Town TV on 10:18 - May 31 by PhilTWTD

They will need to dip into the transfer market for a better commentator based on the last game of the season!
I follow & Town TV on 14:21 - May 31 with 596 viewsPhilTWTD

I follow & Town TV on 14:14 - May 31 by BondiBlue

I've missed this story. Do you know if Town TV will let us foreign types continue to watch all the games?

Yes, think that's the plan. Robins TV is the model and they had coverage of their games overseas last season.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/robins-tv-live-streaming-for-202122-season/
I follow & Town TV on 14:27 - May 31 with 578 viewsBondiBlue

I follow & Town TV on 14:21 - May 31 by PhilTWTD

Yes, think that's the plan. Robins TV is the model and they had coverage of their games overseas last season.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/robins-tv-live-streaming-for-202122-season/

Excellent. I get that uk fans have issues with ifollow because it's not as good as going to the game or sky coverage but its a lifesaver for expats.

Thanks

Poll: Which would you accept?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024