Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
B C S….. 13:57 - Jul 27 with 947 viewswitchdoctor

bit of a curve ball episode….kinda ties in with all those intro bits in much earlier episodes..always wondered if I was being a bit slow in not sussing the relevance in them…still a bit lost if truth be known with how it all fits in to everything..
B C S….. on 14:27 - Jul 27 with 890 viewsunbelievablue

Serious curveball. I'm gonna rewatch tonight before I get comment.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

B C S….. on 13:21 - Jul 28 with 768 viewswitchdoctor

B C S….. on 14:27 - Jul 27 by unbelievablue

did you rewatch?…any the wiser if so?..😅
B C S….. on 13:28 - Jul 28 with 754 viewsunbelievablue

B C S….. on 13:21 - Jul 28 by witchdoctor

did you rewatch?…any the wiser if so?..😅

SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I liked it. Complete curveball as you say. Was briefly confused by the change of actor for the cabbie. The writers have earned episodes like this, but to do it 3 from the end took real balls.

I wonder if that's the last we'll see of Gene.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

B C S….. on 17:34 - Jul 28 with 664 viewswitchdoctor

B C S….. on 13:28 - Jul 28 by unbelievablue

SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I liked it. Complete curveball as you say. Was briefly confused by the change of actor for the cabbie. The writers have earned episodes like this, but to do it 3 from the end took real balls.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER AS WELL………….

thing is you have to assume that all this takes place AFTER the breaking bad series because he’s referred to as Saul …..I dunno if it will ever tie in with anything else but hey ho…have enjoyed the ride…👍
B C S….. on 17:44 - Jul 28 with 653 viewsArnoldMoorhen

B C S….. on 13:28 - Jul 28 by unbelievablue

SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Think of Breaking Bad. They tied up every loose end. Right down to Badger. This was a problem that needed dealing with.

It's also possible that the episode was re-written and shooting was rescheduled following Bob Odenkirk's heart attack (that's given as the reason for the recast, the original actor was committed elsewhere once the heart attack set back filming). Gene was sat down for quite a lot of his major speeches for example, and there are a lot of long scenes that he doesn't appear in.

Lots of nods to 60s heist movies, too, in the music and editing of the "set-up" sequences.

And I loved the throwback to Saul's "Elder Law" rapport building skills. And a one sentence BB reference.

I really liked it, anyway. And I appreciate the contrast between the technicolor world of the Salamanca's or Saul's mansion, and the monochrome life that Gene ends up living.

I think I've managed to discuss it all without any spoilers there!
B C S….. on 17:48 - Jul 28 with 644 viewsArnoldMoorhen

B C S….. on 14:27 - Jul 27 by unbelievablue

Did you watch the official "All Gene's bits" recap video before watching the episode?

(And then were you aware that one of the character's had to be played by a different actor?)

If you, or anyone else, hasn't watched this then it is well worth it (preferably before watching this week's episode!):

B C S….. on 17:53 - Jul 28 with 635 viewswitchdoctor

B C S….. on 17:48 - Jul 28 by ArnoldMoorhen

Did you watch the official "All Gene's bits" recap video before watching the episode?

(And then were you aware that one of the character's had to be played by a different actor?)

If you, or anyone else, hasn't watched this then it is well worth it (preferably before watching this week's episode!):

https://screenrant.com/better-call-saul-gene-timeline-date-year-confirmed/amp/

explained a bit in detail here as well…
[Post edited 28 Jul 2022 17:54]
B C S….. on 17:54 - Jul 28 with 627 viewswitchdoctor

B C S….. on 17:48 - Jul 28 by ArnoldMoorhen

thanks..will watch this..👍
Login to get fewer ads

B C S….. on 18:34 - Jul 28 with 599 viewsArnoldMoorhen

B C S….. on 17:34 - Jul 28 by witchdoctor

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER AS WELL………….

thing is you have to assume that all this takes place AFTER the breaking bad series because he’s referred to as Saul …..I dunno if it will ever tie in with anything else but hey ho…have enjoyed the ride…👍

Yes, this is all after Breaking Bad.

Basically the timeline is:

Jimmy the street hustler
Jimmy moves to Albuquerque
Jimmy becomes a lawyer > Elder Law > Sandpiper
(major subplots of his relationships with his brother Chuck, his girlfriend Kim and his former boss Howard follow)
Jimmy gets shafted by corporate lawyers
Jimmy goes down market and becomes Saul
Saul becomes entwined with the Salamancas and Gus

BREAKING BAD
Saul becomes rich and owns a mansion
END OF BREAKING BAD

Saul calls the vaccuum shop
Saul's mansion is raided

Saul becomes Gene, works in a Cinnabon in Nebraska
Gene is identified by someone who used to live in Albquerque
Gene phones the vaccuum shop, but changes his mind

This week's episode