Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever 09:42 - Aug 14 with 1144 viewsnick141

I went with a friend who doesn’t support Town and almost had to apologise that there wasn’t more competitive tension. He said he could tell within minutes that we would win comfortably - quite helpful to get a more objective view.

Will be so interesting to see how we fare against the Accrington’s of this world. But so glad we can enjoy all this for now.
Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 1095 viewsWickets

I thought that first half against FGR but we still lost the second half .
Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 09:55 - Aug 14 with 1059 viewsunstableblue

That headed chance for them in the first half was big… a more confident team and player scores that… and the game changes

But I felt even if they had equalised we were always going to win that game in the way MK had turned up… they showed some of the nice Manning interplay but lacked the intensity that we brought

It was great to hear from Chaplin that they’d trained in the intense heat to build that resilience, and that seemed to pay off.

I could barely stand in the exposed sun yesterday and they were running in it!!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 10:15 - Aug 14 with 956 viewsstrikalite

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 09:55 - Aug 14 by unstableblue

That headed chance for them in the first half was big… a more confident team and player scores that… and the game changes

But I felt even if they had equalised we were always going to win that game in the way MK had turned up… they showed some of the nice Manning interplay but lacked the intensity that we brought

It was great to hear from Chaplin that they’d trained in the intense heat to build that resilience, and that seemed to pay off.

I could barely stand in the exposed sun yesterday and they were running in it!!!

Yep the missed header was a big moment, just hoped if it had have gone in that we'd have continued with how we were playing, hopefully we're mentally tough enough to be able to cope with that....because it would have no doubt lifted MK.
Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 10:23 - Aug 14 with 895 viewspennblue

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 10:15 - Aug 14 by strikalite

Yep the missed header was a big moment, just hoped if it had have gone in that we'd have continued with how we were playing, hopefully we're mentally tough enough to be able to cope with that....because it would have no doubt lifted MK.

On another day that would have converted and we need to he beating top six sides this season so cannot afford to allow free headers

Its a tough view but the only way we will go up is for the team to stamp out this kind of thing. We
need a 15 game clean sheet run which will give us the foundation for promotion

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 10:24 - Aug 14 with 891 viewsnick141

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 10:15 - Aug 14 by strikalite

Well, we managed to get back on the horse after going behind against Bolton!
Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 13:52 - Aug 14 with 696 viewsstrikalite

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 10:24 - Aug 14 by nick141

Well, we managed to get back on the horse after going behind against Bolton!

Yep true, though we didn't go on to win the game..
Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 14:02 - Aug 14 with 662 viewsDubtractor

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 10:23 - Aug 14 by pennblue

On another day that would have converted and we need to he beating top six sides this season so cannot afford to allow free headers

Its a tough view but the only way we will go up is for the team to stamp out this kind of thing. We

You what?

No team at this level is going to have a 15 game clean sheet run! More to the point EVERY team at this level will concede a few chances every game, it's just not realistic to expect otherwise.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 14:03 - Aug 14 with 654 viewsDJR

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 10:23 - Aug 14 by pennblue

It's probably inevitable that there will be such mistakes from time to time but playing out from the back is the way we are set up to play. Lose that, and the rest of the team probably won't function so well. I might add that it is early in the season, and from McK taking over onwards, I don't recall many such mistakes last season.
Login to get fewer ads

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 14:27 - Aug 14 with 584 viewsDyland

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 14:02 - Aug 14 by Dubtractor

You what?

No team at this level is going to have a 15 game clean sheet run! More to the point EVERY team at this level will concede a few chances every game, it's just not realistic to expect otherwise.

Does any team in any vaguely competitive professional league go 15 games without conceding a single goal?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 14:28 - Aug 14 with 575 viewsIpswichKnight

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 14:02 - Aug 14 by Dubtractor

You what?

Exactly! This is why we are in L1! We are however really hard to breakdown from open play. We are never going to eradicate individual errors.
Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 14:35 - Aug 14 with 545 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Think yesterday was my most relaxing ITFC win ever on 09:46 - Aug 14 by Wickets

I thought that first half against FGR but we still lost the second half .

"lost the second half"?

That's a very nodge way of looking at it.

How many points did we drop for losing the second half?

Ultimately we have put two decent sides (albeit MK Dons are on dreadful form) to bed. We can only beat what is in front of us and we too often haven't done that in the past.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024