Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 18:39 - Sep 8 with 859 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
The last bastion of stability in this land of green and concrete on 18:55 - Sep 8 with 779 viewsRyorry

She also felt like the last bastion of stability to me (and I suspect many other post-war 'boomer' babies).

Feeling really sad right now.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

[Redacted] on 19:05 - Sep 8 with 712 viewsvictorywilhappen

The last bastion of stability in this land of green and concrete on 18:55 - Sep 8 by Ryorry

She also felt like the last bastion of stability to me (and I suspect many other post-war 'boomer' babies).

[Redacted]
The last bastion of stability in this land of green and concrete on 19:07 - Sep 8 with 694 viewsRyorry

[Redacted] on 19:05 - Sep 8 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I reckon it was Johnson's last lingering handshake wot done it

Poll: Time of the annunciation

The last bastion of stability in this land of green and concrete on 19:38 - Sep 8 with 620 viewsGlasgowBlue

The last bastion of stability in this land of green and concrete on 18:55 - Sep 8 by Ryorry

Most of us have lost a loved one and gone through the grieving process.

Of course we didn't really know the Queen, but she was a constant in our lives and the lives of lost loved ones. So there is a collective grief we are all going through which also reminds us of those we have personally lost.

I hope I'm explaining what I mean well enough.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

[Redacted] on 20:06 - Sep 8 with 567 viewsvictorywilhappen

The last bastion of stability in this land of green and concrete on 19:38 - Sep 8 by GlasgowBlue

Most of us have lost a loved one and gone through the grieving process.

Of course we didn't really know the Queen, but she was a constant in our lives and the lives of lost loved ones. So there is a collective grief we are all going through which also reminds us of those we have personally lost.

I hope I'm explaining what I mean well enough.

[Redacted]
The last bastion of stability in this land of green and concrete on 20:23 - Sep 8 with 520 viewsEddyJ

The Queen was one of the richest, most privileged and most powerful individuals to ever live on our planet. She said she felt immense duty to the people of the 15 nations she ruled, yet this did not extend to sharing some of her resources with them. Tuvalu, for example, is one of the most impoverished countries in the world. Instead, Elizabeth mainly used her power and influence to protect her family and the institution of the monarchy. She demanded laws which shielded her monetary affairs. She spent millions to keep her son's paedophilia case out of court.

For many this will be a sad day. Elizabeth was a mother, grandmother and great grandmother. 96 is a very respectable age to die, but I still feel sympathy for her family who are going through a sad time in a very public fishbowl. However, now her life is complete we should also critically analyse Elizabeth's legacy and to consider whether there is a place for constitutional monarchy in the 21st century.
The last bastion of stability in this land of green and concrete on 20:30 - Sep 8 with 506 viewsWarkystache

I met HM once, at the Royal Garden Party in 1999. I was wearing me Sunday best, natch, and thought the line was for the tea.

Anyway, she came with HRH Prince Phillip, Charles, someone else I didn't recognise, then someone else I didn't recognise and then some ladies in waiting.

She asked me where I'd come from. I did think of joking and saying 'Mars Ma'am' but I didn't. She smiled and moved on. I think one of the old girls standing near me was incontinent or something, because they gave our group a wide f**king berth after that, and I must admit, it soured the cucumber sarnies afterwards.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024