Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Aston Villa red card. 20:53 - Oct 20 with 926 viewsMattinLondon

The Aston Villa player’s offence was technically a red card. But the Fulham player should get a yellow for simulation. Players will continue to over egg their injuries if they continue to get away with it.

And I’m not excusing the Villa player’s stupidity.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 20:53]
The Aston Villa red card. on 20:56 - Oct 20 with 875 viewsIllinoisblue

Yeah that was a little harsh. As was the penalty. Oh well

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Aston Villa red card. on 22:03 - Oct 20 with 762 viewsBlueandTruesince82

The Aston Villa red card. on 20:56 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

Yeah that was a little harsh. As was the penalty. Oh well

Thought the pen was about right given Mitro is in my FPL team but the red was harsh to me. Maybe I need to get my eyes tested but it looked like a six of one half a dozen of the other chest shove from each of them to me. I didn't see a movment of the head beyond the way it does when you chest shove someone

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

The Aston Villa red card. on 09:46 - Oct 21 with 592 viewsGarv

Do you ever think physios and doctors are embarrassed to run on and treat players when they are so clearly acting? How does that conversation go?

"Mitro are you actually hurt or are you just making sure he gets sent off?"
"Yeah I'm absolutely fine, just conning the ref"
"Okay, we'll just pretend to patch you up until he's gone off then"

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The Aston Villa red card. on 10:08 - Oct 21 with 566 viewsSamWhiteUK

The Aston Villa red card. on 09:46 - Oct 21 by Garv

Do you ever think physios and doctors are embarrassed to run on and treat players when they are so clearly acting? How does that conversation go?

That's exactly how it goes. Peter Crouch revealed on his podcast that players will go down to buy time and the physio will know if they're play acting or not.
The Aston Villa red card. on 10:21 - Oct 21 with 548 viewsRadlett_blue

The Aston Villa red card. on 09:46 - Oct 21 by Garv

Sadly, they are all employees of a professional sports club where, in the modern world, winning is the only thing & it doesn't matter what you do as long as you get away with it.
Plenty of Town fans on here are happy if we adopt similar tactics to win games, largely on the grounds that the opposition sides keep doing it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Aston Villa red card. on 10:27 - Oct 21 with 507 viewshadleighboyblue

The Aston Villa red card. on 10:21 - Oct 21 by Radlett_blue

Sadly, they are all employees of a professional sports club where, in the modern world, winning is the only thing & it doesn't matter what you do as long as you get away with it.
Plenty of Town fans on here are happy if we adopt similar tactics to win games, largely on the grounds that the opposition sides keep doing it.

All the cheating , simulating and time wasting seems to begetting worse and it's time the FA did something to stop it .

If a player in local football did some of the play acting we see every week , he would get so much stick from the crowd .
The Aston Villa red card. on 10:31 - Oct 21 with 486 viewsRadlett_blue

The Aston Villa red card. on 10:27 - Oct 21 by hadleighboyblue

All the cheating , simulating and time wasting seems to begetting worse and it's time the FA did something to stop it .

If a player in local football did some of the play acting we see every week , he would get so much stick from the crowd .

It's hard to deal with simulation, but a good start would be if referees were instructed not to stop play unless there was a head injury. If a player wants the phsio on the pitch, he then has to leave the field for 2 minutes.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Aston Villa red card. on 10:31 - Oct 21 with 482 viewsGarv

The Aston Villa red card. on 10:21 - Oct 21 by Radlett_blue

Makes a complete mockery of their profession.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

The Aston Villa red card. on 14:09 - Oct 21 with 371 viewsMattinLondon

The Aston Villa red card. on 10:31 - Oct 21 by Radlett_blue

It's hard to deal with simulation, but a good start would be if referees were instructed not to stop play unless there was a head injury. If a player wants the phsio on the pitch, he then has to leave the field for 2 minutes.

The only trouble with the two minute thing being that, if it’s genuine, then it wouldn’t exactly be fair for a team to be down to ten men if they were involved in some collision.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024