Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Hive Mind… I often go back and watch the extended highlights of games 18:09 - Jan 2 with 628 viewsunstableblue

Once the dust has settled. When our rabid blue goggled viewing of a game has passed, the emotion reduced.

I think you’ll find if you watch the Wycombe, Oxford, Pompey and Lincoln games back, when you seem some of the brilliant passages of play and changes carved out… you’ll come to some conclusions:

- we are playing some great football at times, best for a decade
- only Wycombe game deserved fan ire and disillusionment - and yet we got it after two draws when we came from behind
- we are desperately in need of a true finisher

Look back… and realise this is a team on the way up

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

TWTD Hive Mind… I often go back and watch the extended highlights of games on 18:20 - Jan 2 with 543 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agree with a lot of that.

We should be on the up though, in L1 with very heavy investment.

KM is doing well but room for improvement still.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

TWTD Hive Mind… I often go back and watch the extended highlights of games on 18:35 - Jan 2 with 494 viewssohamblue74

We got 5 points from 12 against beatable rubbish teams. Meanwhile our rivals don't break sweat and win all of their games.

Good effort to look for positives. We have a great manager and a good squad and have lots of possession. It is better than the last few seasons.

But it is fair for people to vent frustration at sustained under performance when we should be doing so much better.

Happy New Year.
TWTD Hive Mind… I often go back and watch the extended highlights of games on 19:14 - Jan 2 with 413 viewsCheltenham_Blue

TWTD Hive Mind… I often go back and watch the extended highlights of games on 18:35 - Jan 2 by sohamblue74

We got 5 points from 12 against beatable rubbish teams. Meanwhile our rivals don't break sweat and win all of their games.

Good effort to look for positives. We have a great manager and a good squad and have lots of possession. It is better than the last few seasons.

But it is fair for people to vent frustration at sustained under performance when we should be doing so much better.

Happy New Year.

Top 3 teams, Remaining matches, Predictions thread by sohamblue74 31 Dec 2022 12:21
A bit geeky I know, but I couldn't resist looking at all remaining fixtures for the top 3 teams, and doing some predictions.
See my forecast below - with all 3 teams maintaining their hot run of form, and going past 90 points!

1st Ipswich 95 pts (GD of +47)
2nd Plymouth 94 pts (GD of +35)
3rd Sheff Weds 92 pts (GD of +38)

I predict Town dropping points against:
Bolton, Barnsley (losses)
Oxford, Cambridge, Sheff Weds, MK Franchise, Derby, Cheltenham, Peterborough (draws)

But winning the others against:
Lincoln, Plymouth, Morecambe, Accrington, Bristol Rovers, Forest Green, Burton, Shrewsbury, Wycombe, Charlton, Port Vale, Exeter, Fleetwood

March looks like a tough month for Town, with only 3 points from 3 games (losing at Reebok and Oakwell).
So it will be critical to collect a big points haul in Jan (predicting 14 pts from 6 games), Feb (predicting 11 pts from 5 games), April (predicting 17 pts from 7 games).

On the final match day in May I predict wins for Town vs Fleetwood, and for Argyle vs Port Vale, but a costly draw for the Owls vs Derby.

What do the TWTD hive mind think? Am i being wildly optimistic?!?

95 points you said. I assume 93 now and up in 2nd place?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024