Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if not this season then surely, surely next! 15:13 - Jan 19 with 608 viewsVic

I fully expect us to get up this season (esp after this window), but should the worst happen - and it can!) then surely we have to superbly placed and massive favourites to get up next season. I could stomach a close miss this season, but have no idea what would happen if we were to miss out next as well. A long, long way off I know, but just musing.

What a squad KM and Ashton have put together!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

if not this season then surely, surely next! on 15:16 - Jan 19 with 581 viewsWestSussexBlue

To be honest we can’t keep saying “ it must be next season”. We’ve been saying that for far too long. It’s really about time we stopped the talk and did the walk. It’ll only ever get tougher…just look at Pompey.
if not this season then surely, surely next! on 15:22 - Jan 19 with 551 viewsMookamoo

I wouldn't underestimate the work involved in keeping this squad together should we not go up. Can't see Morsy, Walton, Woolfenden, Chaplin and Burns staying around for another season in L1 should offers come in from Championship clubs.
if not this season then surely, surely next! on 15:22 - Jan 19 with 549 viewsArnieM

I thought at start of this season, we were very much WIP as these new players started to get their feet here. So for me the thought of automatic promotion wasn’t quite so convincing to me. McKenna is an outstanding coaching talent but a managerial rookie by and large, but what a stunning job he’s doing so far. So it’s been a steep learning curve this season for all concerned in my view, and the squad mix is still (IMHO), not quite complete. This is where SWFC and Plymouth have a slight edge on us. These are fine margins but they can have an impact at the death.

I’m praying hard we can apply pressure now, as a chaser and not a holder of a top two place. Psychologically I think being the chaser is slightly easier, than trying to hold on to what you’ve got.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

if not this season then surely, surely next! on 15:57 - Jan 19 with 484 viewsVic

if not this season then surely, surely next! on 15:16 - Jan 19 by WestSussexBlue

To be honest we can’t keep saying “ it must be next season”. We’ve been saying that for far too long. It’s really about time we stopped the talk and did the walk. It’ll only ever get tougher…just look at Pompey.

I get that, but in truth we can see now that we just didn't have a) the owner, b) the manager and c) the squad to get us up before. We were mile away in reality.

for the last 12 months we've had all three of those things so I expect to go up - but in real terms it;s still pretty early to go from a standing start in 11th place (when KM was appointed) to a pro.motion winning team. I don;t have the stats, but I bet most teams take at least 2 seasons

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

if not this season then surely, surely next! on 16:07 - Jan 19 with 471 viewsWestSussexBlue

if not this season then surely, surely next! on 15:57 - Jan 19 by Vic

I get that, but in truth we can see now that we just didn't have a) the owner, b) the manager and c) the squad to get us up before. We were mile away in reality.

for the last 12 months we've had all three of those things so I expect to go up - but in real terms it;s still pretty early to go from a standing start in 11th place (when KM was appointed) to a pro.motion winning team. I don;t have the stats, but I bet most teams take at least 2 seasons

Agree with you Vic but the standard of quality we have in this squad is insane not to finish First or Second out of 24.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024