Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well 18:55 - Feb 1 with 1173 viewsSteve_M

Only taken three years since Root broke him by over bowling him but he looked so good today.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 18:59]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 19:54 - Feb 1 with 1066 viewsbournemouthblue

He did, they need to wrap him in bubble wrap!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 20:29 - Feb 1 with 1033 viewsRadlett_blue

If Archer can be kept fit, he will be a potent weapon in this year's World Cup.
I still can't quite believe how Root bowled him into the ground. Despite not starting international cricket until May, Archer bowled more overs than any England player in 2019 & sent down the 3rd most overs of any international player that year, including 42 overs in one innings!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 20:37 - Feb 1 with 1011 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 20:29 - Feb 1 by Radlett_blue

If Archer can be kept fit, he will be a potent weapon in this year's World Cup.
I still can't quite believe how Root bowled him into the ground. Despite not starting international cricket until May, Archer bowled more overs than any England player in 2019 & sent down the 3rd most overs of any international player that year, including 42 overs in one innings!

Given that he is such a good impact bowler, it was really irresponsible of Root to flog him like that. If Archer can (fingers crossed) stay fit, I think that he has a perfect foil in his county team mate Robinson, who is much more able to play the workhorse role now he has got up to the fitness levels required.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 20:41 - Feb 1 with 1001 viewsRadlett_blue

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 20:37 - Feb 1 by gainsboroughblue

Given that he is such a good impact bowler, it was really irresponsible of Root to flog him like that. If Archer can (fingers crossed) stay fit, I think that he has a perfect foil in his county team mate Robinson, who is much more able to play the workhorse role now he has got up to the fitness levels required.

Well, yes. I hope Archer is used sparingly in Tests, event though it's the Ashes as he needs to be managed properly if England want him fully fit for the Wrold Cup.

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 20:49 - Feb 1 with 988 viewscatch74

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 20:37 - Feb 1 by gainsboroughblue

True pace options of Archer and Wood with Broad, Anderson, Robinson and Potts to pick from,. Woakes, Stone, Overton on standby - I’d even say Sam Curran could be an option think his combative nature would suit an Ashes battle.
The main hope is that our batsmen hit peak form, another summer like last for Bairstow would be a great start.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 20:49]

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 20:51 - Feb 1 with 970 viewsRadlett_blue

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 20:49 - Feb 1 by catch74

True pace options of Archer and Wood with Broad, Anderson, Robinson and Potts to pick from,. Woakes, Stone, Overton on standby - I’d even say Sam Curran could be an option think his combative nature would suit an Ashes battle.
The main hope is that our batsmen hit peak form, another summer like last for Bairstow would be a great start.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 20:49]

Sam Curran is not a Test standard bowler, although a superb white ball cricketer.
Yes, England have plently of options so I hope the fast bowlers are sensibly rotated in the summer.

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 21:06 - Feb 1 with 952 viewsGuthrum

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 20:51 - Feb 1 by Radlett_blue

Sam Curran is not a Test standard bowler, although a superb white ball cricketer.
Yes, England have plently of options so I hope the fast bowlers are sensibly rotated in the summer.

Indeed, Curran's main strength is the variations he can mix it up with in the short formats, not the metronomic consistency over long periods required for Tests (e.g. Anderson) - or the raw energy of a Stokes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 21:17 - Feb 1 with 939 viewscatch74

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 20:51 - Feb 1 by Radlett_blue

Don’t panic, he’s tenth on my list. I’m sure I’ve missed a couple - Stone just came to mind too.

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 21:39 - Feb 1 with 905 viewscatch74

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 21:17 - Feb 1 by catch74

Don’t panic, he’s tenth on my list. I’m sure I’ve missed a couple - Stone just came to mind too.

Already said Stone.

Cricket: An absolute joy to see Jofra Archer back bowling well on 21:40 - Feb 1 with 906 viewsstonojnr

he wasnt being flogged by Root, 400 overs is about the average for the top England bowlers in a calendar year.

Pat Cummins bowled something like 600 overs that same year, and Broad bowled nearly 600 county + England combined.

and lets not forget btw the ODI World cup in 2019, he played the whole tournament with that elbow injury that required daily pain relief injections to get through it, why ? because it was the best chance for England to win the world cup, even though they knew it would probably result in a longer term injury for him, and that captain was called Jo..Eoin Morgan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024