Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm at Wembley Arena 19:45 - Apr 21 with 1203 viewsgtsb1966

A small glass of wine is £10.30. A pint of Heineken is £8.45 and a shot with a mixer is £11+. People are walking past the bars and shaking the heads and there are no queues. I've never seen that at a gig. Bonkers prices or bonkers strategy from the owners.
I'm at Wembley Arena on 20:11 - Apr 21 with 1082 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Take to the barricades.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

I'm at Wembley Arena on 20:17 - Apr 21 with 1057 viewsjacobnikons

sounds like woodbridge prices...
I'm at Wembley Arena on 21:57 - Apr 21 with 904 viewswoodbridge_blue

I'm at Wembley Arena on 20:17 - Apr 21 by jacobnikons

sounds like woodbridge prices...

How insulting!!

That's the only way to deal with these prices, just refuse to deal with these crooks.

Will be interesting to see what the beer prices will be at the Oval in a couple of months for the Test Match....£7.20 per pint last year, I'm assuming over £8.00 this year. Shocking.
I'm at Wembley Arena on 22:11 - Apr 21 with 850 viewscressi

I'm at Wembley Arena on 21:57 - Apr 21 by woodbridge_blue

How insulting!!

That's the only way to deal with these prices, just refuse to deal with these crooks.

Will be interesting to see what the beer prices will be at the Oval in a couple of months for the Test Match....£7.20 per pint last year, I'm assuming over £8.00 this year. Shocking.

Disgusting this country at the moment is a complete rip of getting all the covid money back and more
I'm at Wembley Arena on 22:29 - Apr 21 with 808 viewsMelford

I'm at Wembley Arena on 21:57 - Apr 21 by woodbridge_blue

How insulting!!

I glad that one thing I did years back is not drink when going to football/cricket. I could never pace myself and end up with one eye shut because I was seeing double and not being able to follow the game and would probably spend a third of it going for a piss/cheeky fag in the toilets.

I'll get on it afterwards but not before. It saves you a load of money, I went to the NZ test match at Headingley and brought a couple big bottles of water and a load of food in with me and apart from buying an England shirt and match programme I didn't spend a penny in the ground.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

I'm at Wembley Arena on 08:21 - Apr 22 with 583 viewspeterleeblue

I'm at Wembley Arena on 22:11 - Apr 21 by cressi

Disgusting this country at the moment is a complete rip of getting all the covid money back and more

I agree the main venues are taking the P*SS.
Over £7.00 per pint at the City Hall in Newcastle.

However it is a number of issues

High Cost of Utilities
Minimum wage rise and probably paying higher to simply get staff to work
Increase in Beer costs (Grain etc and breweries suffering from the same cost pressures)

In the pub trade we talk about a consumer visit needing to be experiential which can drive a decent premium price that the punter understands he is getting more than just a beer. However in many live entertainment venues the experience (other than the act) is less than great. Poor quality over priced product, aircraft hanger environment, Sh!t view unless you pay a premium price for your ticket (in the good old days early bird caught the worm now its the richest) and treated like a terrorist on entry.

Yep it really is a little bit F*****d.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024