Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away priority points 18:03 - Jul 26 with 2783 viewsleeipsw

Someone help please

I went to 6 away games last season do I get points for these for this season as I wasn’t a gold card member last season
Away priority points on 18:05 - Jul 26 with 2756 viewsthe_toff

No
Away priority points on 18:39 - Jul 26 with 2669 viewsunstableblue

Alas no.

Away game ticket purchases without having a membership are not counted.

For me its not right.

If they are going to start an away prioritisation system, then focus on who made the effort to travel.

I went to 7 you went to 6, but someone with a Gold Membership who went to one, gets points.

But it is what it is.. hopefully enough tickets will come to those now with membership and they can build the points

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Away priority points on 10:06 - Jul 27 with 2454 viewsPilgrimblue

Away priority points on 18:39 - Jul 26 by unstableblue

Alas no.

Away game ticket purchases without having a membership are not counted.

For me its not right.

If they are going to start an away prioritisation system, then focus on who made the effort to travel.

I went to 7 you went to 6, but someone with a Gold Membership who went to one, gets points.

But it is what it is.. hopefully enough tickets will come to those now with membership and they can build the points

But how do we build points or is it just a case of going to as many games as you can at start?
Away priority points on 10:12 - Jul 27 with 2430 viewsiamipswich

I know this has been done to death and sorry in advance but I noticed this wording and wanted to query whether only Super Blues Members can accumulate points as the season progresses and ahead of next season, this is to say, non SB members will eternally remain on zero points even if they go to plenty of away matches:

'Initially, points will be awarded historically, based on away games attended by members during the 2022/23 season. Going forward, points will only be awarded to active Super Blues members, with one point awarded for every away ticket purchased.'

I actually am a SB member but for the benefit of others in case there's an outcry after the first away game(s).

Poll: Who will return first?

Away priority points on 10:28 - Jul 27 with 2377 viewsRozz

Away priority points on 10:12 - Jul 27 by iamipswich

I know this has been done to death and sorry in advance but I noticed this wording and wanted to query whether only Super Blues Members can accumulate points as the season progresses and ahead of next season, this is to say, non SB members will eternally remain on zero points even if they go to plenty of away matches:

'Initially, points will be awarded historically, based on away games attended by members during the 2022/23 season. Going forward, points will only be awarded to active Super Blues members, with one point awarded for every away ticket purchased.'

I actually am a SB member but for the benefit of others in case there's an outcry after the first away game(s).

Correct, you must have been a member (silver, gold or ultimate) last season for your points to be included in your total when you join the new scheme, and you must be an active SB member to accumulate points this season.
Away priority points on 10:43 - Jul 27 with 2346 viewsiamipswich

Away priority points on 10:28 - Jul 27 by Rozz

Correct, you must have been a member (silver, gold or ultimate) last season for your points to be included in your total when you join the new scheme, and you must be an active SB member to accumulate points this season.

Thanks for confirming. Think it is a bit cheeky to hold fans over a barrel regarding SB membership but understand it is another revenue stream that is needed in order to improve the club on and off the pitch.

Away priority points on 11:03 - Jul 27 with 2316 viewsRozz

Away priority points on 10:43 - Jul 27 by iamipswich

Thanks for confirming. Think it is a bit cheeky to hold fans over a barrel regarding SB membership but understand it is another revenue stream that is needed in order to improve the club on and off the pitch.

It makes sense from the clubs point of view in terms of revenue, it remains to be seen if the product is actually worth the fee. There's far less value in SB membership vs the silver/gold/ultimate deals of old.

It feels like one of those passive revenue streams that cost the club very little in admin, people buy every year in order to retain their priority on the off chance of a good season or promotion, but might only be used for a handful of games in a season.
Away priority points on 11:10 - Jul 27 with 2290 viewsiamipswich

Away priority points on 11:03 - Jul 27 by Rozz

It makes sense from the clubs point of view in terms of revenue, it remains to be seen if the product is actually worth the fee. There's far less value in SB membership vs the silver/gold/ultimate deals of old.

It feels like one of those passive revenue streams that cost the club very little in admin, people buy every year in order to retain their priority on the off chance of a good season or promotion, but might only be used for a handful of games in a season.

Yes agreed.

I was a regular Silver Member and I have to say the value for money was great (too much frankly) given you got a free ticket guaranteed for £30 so they had to even it out somehow.

Login to get fewer ads

Away priority points on 11:23 - Jul 27 with 2261 viewsRozz

Away priority points on 11:10 - Jul 27 by iamipswich

Yes agreed.

I was a regular Silver Member and I have to say the value for money was great (too much frankly) given you got a free ticket guaranteed for £30 so they had to even it out somehow.

Yep, I regret not buying a silver membership last season as it was practically free and I'd have a few more points. By the looks of the Sunderland banding (15 jumping down to 5) I wouldn't have seen much benefit anyway.

I signed up this season as I want to get to a few more away games, and any edge in securing a Norwich home ticket is a bonus. It does offer better priority for us than Silver used to, just can't see it coming into effect in too many games.
Away priority points on 11:26 - Jul 27 with 2249 viewsStenvict

Away priority points on 10:43 - Jul 27 by iamipswich

It is very cheeky from the club. I went to every game last season, so when this new system was announced, I presumed I would have first priority for away tickets no matter what, but my points only became valid when I bought a membership.

I do think the club should've included non members from last year when totalling the points for this year, but I presume most games didn't reach non members anyway.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Away priority points on 11:38 - Jul 27 with 2218 viewsRozz

Away priority points on 11:26 - Jul 27 by Stenvict

It is very cheeky from the club. I went to every game last season, so when this new system was announced, I presumed I would have first priority for away tickets no matter what, but my points only became valid when I bought a membership.

I do think the club should've included non members from last year when totalling the points for this year, but I presume most games didn't reach non members anyway.

Agreed. Given that ST holders had a higher priority last year than Silver, and STH priority is reduced in this year's proposal, I think it's unfair for those attendances not to count.

There was no need for you to buy a membership if ST priority was enough to get to significant number of games.

It's not how I'd have done things.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 11:45]
Away priority points on 11:39 - Jul 27 with 2215 viewsPilgrimblue

Away priority points on 11:26 - Jul 27 by Stenvict

So what should I do bearing in mind that I wasn’t able to go to away games last season
Away priority points on 11:44 - Jul 27 with 2192 viewsRozz

Away priority points on 11:39 - Jul 27 by Pilgrimblue

So what should I do bearing in mind that I wasn’t able to go to away games last season

If you're a new member, you'll start on 5pts for joining and get an additional point for each away game you attend from now.

That's the only way to build up your priority. If you attend every away game (23) you'll finish on 28pts.
Away priority points on 12:49 - Jul 27 with 2115 viewsunstableblue

Away priority points on 10:06 - Jul 27 by Pilgrimblue

But how do we build points or is it just a case of going to as many games as you can at start?

Yes the hope is that you can tickets come through to the 5 points priority level.. you buy away tickets and then move up a tier... and so on

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024