Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well played Town 19:13 - Aug 6 with 505 viewsSteve_M

Really good start to the season, but plenty to improve upon. Our use of the ball after the subs was pretty poor.

The first team is probably going to be ok this season, need more depth in the squad though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Well played Town on 19:15 - Aug 6 with 460 viewsJ2BLUE

Completely agree. Lots of positives and lots to work on as well. Not many will go there and take 3 points.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well played Town on 19:15 - Aug 6 with 458 viewsNeedhamChris

Agreed, the team after the substitutes didn't fill me with much confidence. I'd like to see replacements for Ladapo, Harness and Evans at least - with higher caliber options.

Also, Hutchinson underwhelmed me - he will need time but I'd have rather seen Edwards get that role.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Well played Town on 19:24 - Aug 6 with 397 viewscbower

Expected the subs to bring energy but they didn’t really do that. Freddy not playing in Ball was criminal. Apart from first 25 mins of second half, we didn't show enough control in possession but we must remember what a big step up that was. . Really encouraging result. Pleased for Hirst.

bluescouser

Well played Town on 19:32 - Aug 6 with 347 viewsLankHenners

Lots for McKenna to get his teeth into after all that. Certainly a good test of the sort of higher quality we'll face but some positives as well.

Agree some good alternatives are needed. Burgess getting a lot of praise rightly for his aerial work but thought he was a big part of our nervy start, slicing through the ball giving back to Sunderland, little composure on the ball. Like the rest grew into the game but can see why we're targeting someone for that position.

All in all a great win in what was a very tricky first fixture.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024